Soon MAN will be a GOD! HA!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LongShot, Mar 31, 2004.

1. That's a two edged sword...

#51     Apr 2, 2004
  2. stu

stu

They,

Try to Focus !

"Dust Never Becomes Life" you say !! You are incorrect According to the Bible Dust Becomes Life

It is The Bible which demands that believers have this baseless faith. It is founded on the Bible that some people think life came from dust material !!!

Science does not

Scientific experiments demonstrate:
    montmorillonite clay creates a vehicle by which RNA could get into sacks of liquid compounds.

Life from "mud"

Not YOUR Frankenstein, but like blood transfusion, like organ transplant, like vaccine experiments in their early days....

life as we know it from minerals and material based on hard repeatable demonstrable experiment. Not yet proven yet even so, a mountain of evidence compared to NOTHING that life came from dust breathed upon by God thingy.

Not hard to comprehend, nor is it incoherent.

Dust with life breathed in by God thingy is incoherent.

ps: you are another who fails to see the significance, irony and implications of Gilbert -v- The God sky daddy thingy :D

#52     Apr 2, 2004
  3. stu

stu

How does humankind eradicate diseases for which there is no known technology to overcome??

How does humankind eradicate ALL suffering when there are babies born with congenital disease for which there is no known cure ??

How does humankind eradicate ALL suffering when suffering is caused by natural events such as earthquake ??

How is it in the "talent" of humankind to do any of those things??

#53     Apr 2, 2004
  4. "There exists no intelligent people who are not rational; and no rational theists."
    LongShot

lol

#54     Apr 2, 2004
  5. How did mankind cure polio when ther was "no known cure"for it?By using their God given talent to find a cure.If man wants something bad enough he finds a way.The problem is everyone wanting things for themselves and not for the good of everyone.By the way you never answered my question.Would you eliminate all suffering if you could?

#55     Apr 2, 2004
  6. I can see you still enjoy an open-minded discussion....

#56     Apr 2, 2004
  7. >i am all for the advancement of science
    Right then some of these "scientists" suggest to substitute humans with robots whenever possible, so advancement of science for what ? That God exists or not, human consciousness is necessary for science without it science is not worth.

#57     Apr 2, 2004
  8. One is often told that it is a very wrong thing to attack religion, because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it.
    -- Bertrand Russell, "Why I Am Not A Christian"

aint it the truth. :p

#58     Apr 2, 2004
  9. The whole conception of a God is a conception derived from the ancient oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men.... We ought to stand up and look the world frankly in the face. We ought to make the best we can of the world, and if it is not so good as we wish, after all it will still be better than what these others have made of it in all these ages.
    -- Bertrand Russell, "Why I Am Not A Christian

yes bert, right again.

#59     Apr 2, 2004
  10. My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race. I cannot, however, deny that it has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle eclipses with such care that in time they became able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others.
    -- Bertrand Russell, "Has Religion Made Useful Contributions to Civilization?"

hmmm.. bert, i too know of no other... :-/

#60     Apr 2, 2004