Soon MAN will be a GOD! HA!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LongShot, Mar 31, 2004.

1. stu

stu

Not hard to imagine once you start being a little more honest about things.

It's Scientists who make slow and hard won progress. Not God thingy

God thingy is said to have made new life form appear from dust :D That seems to be the information from the less scrupulous on these threads

#41     Apr 2, 2004
  2. stu

stu

What are these "God given abilities "

Previously you said "we" were offered them. Now you say "we" have them
    WHAT are they??

I have NOT been offered the chance to eradicate all suffering. Have you?

If you have..why haven't you done so ?

When was humankind as a whole offered this ability??

#42     Apr 2, 2004
  3. It is NOT within nor "within" - man's, women's or humankind's ability to eradicate MOST suffering. There are many extant forms of suffering from many different causes.
    stu

Then, in your opinion, how can it be eradicated?

If as you have said there is no God then the suffering is not His fault, then is the sufferibng the fault of science or mankind?

What are some of the "different causes" apparently apart from God, mankind, and science.

#43     Apr 2, 2004
  4. If you could eradicate all suffering, would you? If the answer is "yes" then i commend you on your "ability"to want better for your brothers and sisters of the world.Unfortunately this attitude does not permeate the whole of humankind.If it did I believe we would have no suffering in this world.

#44     Apr 2, 2004
  5. stu

stu

Why do you deviate so ?

TradeforChrist :
    • Disease is something mankind permits to exist.
    • God gave man(and woman the ability to eradicate all suffering,
      but we choose not to
      [/list=A]me:
      • How does mankind PERMIT disease to exist. In what way does mankind have the ability to eradicate ALL suffering ??
      • When did God thingy give man and woman the ability to eradicate all suffering. What is this ability? When did "we" choose not to. I have NOT been offered the chance to eradicate all suffering. Have you? When was humankind as a whole offered this ability??
        [/list=a]

#45     Apr 2, 2004

• We permit it because of our ability to eradicate it and not doing so.The ability is our talent to do so;you seem to be thinking in terms of me and you.i think interms of "us"and "we".We eradicated polio,didn't we.that is an example of man's God given talent to ease or eliminate our suffering.

#46     Apr 2, 2004
  6. Why do you think Christians in the ID movement believe in the "dust to life" idea? I can't imagine where you got that impression if that's what you're saying...

#47     Apr 2, 2004
  7. The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

#48     Apr 2, 2004
  8. "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; it is the glory of kings to uncover it."

#49     Apr 2, 2004
  9. The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.
    Bertrand Russell

#50     Apr 2, 2004