Soon it will cost $1 million to go to College

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Oct 26, 2011.

Are education costs out of control?

1. Yes. It cannot continue.

68 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No. Grants, scholarsphips etc take care of the difference.

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. I don't know.

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. I don't care.

24 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Problem is students act very price-insensitive. As long as the uni has the reputation, price doesn't matter.

If it would matter, unis will start to compete on price. reason students are price-insensitive is they can loan unlimited anyway, and who cares about the future if you are 18?

#51     Aug 20, 2013
  2. They say the markets are self-correcting. That means another bubble will crash sooner or later.

#52     Aug 20, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

it will, but you won't see it.because there no direct connection/relationship. price won't go down, living standards of graduates will (forget about dropouts-that's a financial catastrophe)

#53     Aug 20, 2013
  4. You will be able to see it if there will be massive defaults on student loans and banks collapsing because of it. (or the government or whoever is on the hook).

#54     Aug 20, 2013
  5. #55     Aug 20, 2013
  6. Exactly right...as we saw in 2008 when TSHTF and Hopey went on television with one of his passionate teleprompter speeches about the need for more and more financing availability for "the children". i.e. we need to keep inflating tuition prices by making college financing ridiculously easy.

I would love nothing more than a complete shutdown of the student loan market and THEN we could find out the "cash value". You want to talk about a market "adjustment", it would be a crash of epic proportions in many cases...

#56     Aug 20, 2013
  7. the higher education cartel will figure out a way to "monetize" it. If it were to ever become "free", the cartel would have a lobbyist group petition to make these degrees worthless (i.e. not recognized for grad school applicants, etc, etc...).

You're a middle aged guy and I'm sure you've heard about the numerous things that were predicted "free" sometime in the future. Seldom do those predictions pan out.

#57     Aug 20, 2013
  8. Bob111

Bob111

nope..you can't get away from feds loan. PERIOD. read the disclosure.
    is it the FED,who is DIRECTLY propping up this bubble,not the banks.
    been saver for whole my life..you have no idea how i feel,been kicked from every possible angle in this country for past 10 years or so. it s f** torture..

#58     Aug 20, 2013
  9. Bob111

Bob111

man...i don't know how old you are,but you just lost some respect from me for posting this...s***..wake the f** up..your country -it's ain't charity..it's all about how can i f** up someone else and live large off it... it use to called capitalism while ago,but it's different this time..capitalism is when people make the s**t and sell the product..what you have now is the time where those.who is in charge-making the s**t up without producing anything ...and selling it to a lower level dumb** f**ks
    get this thru your head...it's now one of the main source of the income for a FED(and your gvt)..

PS disclosure-I'm 8th grade drop out from a russan school that was on the middle of nowhere. a f** siberia

долбоёб бля...сцуко форум идиотов..

#59     Aug 20, 2013
  10. Bob111

Bob111

----it's now one of the main source of the income for a FED(and your gvt)..---

milking poor the students(cause they already f**d everyone else)
    make no mistake about your 'people's ' gvt and FEd. you federal reserve is a federal as a federal express :)

here is the song for ya(make sure you playing it in a never ending loop,while smoking gvt provided medical marijuana). life is beautiful, isn't?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re0FH1FJADE

#60     Aug 20, 2013