SONY Playstation 3 Real Time Trading App/Simulation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Spectre2007, Jan 30, 2007.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

Again, seems like a giant waste of money and resources to me. I doubt it gets thumbs up from any game company that I know of. If you want, I'll just be quiet and let everyone tell you how great it is going to be.

#21     Jan 30, 2007
  2. your opinion is valuable, thanx for sharing, if the exchanges offered webcams into the pits and sold monthly access fees to the video. I would settle for that.

I think a reasonable cost for real time webcam feed from a pit would be around 500 dollars per month.

high definition webcam preferable.

#22     Jan 30, 2007
  3. cclee

cclee

I'm in the game industry, so I'll take a stab at this.

2 comments:

1) Look at how many users are on ET, which is roughly 65k (see front page). 10% of this number (total Wild Assed Guess) can probably be converted to the game players. That's a miniscule #. Even at the most optmistic level for market share (5 * 65k), it's not a terribly large market size for justifying the budget of a AAA game on the PS3.

1) Judging from this WAG, I would make this game on the PC. Way too hardcore and niche for consoles. Even then, it'd be a lower-production and budget title (but with a loyal following).

#23     Jan 30, 2007
  4. now there's an interesting idea that might raise some eyebrows...

would be an interesting twist to the squawk box on the SP pit... video broadcast commented by Ben... beautiful.

#24     Jan 30, 2007
  5. #25     Jan 30, 2007
  6. ozzie123

ozzie123

The biggest problem would be, it's made for console game. This kind of trading simulation is better played on computer.

#26     Jan 31, 2007
  7. well yeah... and put it on payper view TV...

#27     Feb 1, 2007
  8. Yeh well id play it now n then I guess but I probably wouldn't buy it :D Those darn torrent sites aye :p

#28     Feb 5, 2007
  9. I particularly like this idea! I have already blown away about 1/3 of my trading stake and I'm obviously looking for fun ways to blow the rest of it!

#29     Feb 6, 2007