SONY Playstation 3 Real Time Trading App/Simulation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Spectre2007, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Price movements would come in from realtime data feeds from exchanges.

News would be realtime too. The traders in the pits would have a floating number above their head, whether they are bidding or offering, and it would be color coded. So if everyone starts selling it would turn red in the pit.

If everyone is buying it would turn green.

You would be able to set lot size, so you would always be buying and selling a fixed lot size.

So with the controller, it would be always targeted at the floor broker or another trader, and based on the brokers book, you could try to scalp with the pit. Order flow assignment would come in from a timestamped order in the que. So if you were the first to place your order at current offer or bid, yours would get hit first by the floor broker. Then you could immediately try to scalp out and based on the floor brokers orders, you could immediately make the spread. You would never be able to trade outside the spread.

It would as close to pit trading as you could get apart from being there.

Hand signals would be accurate and representative of the quote.

#11     Jan 30, 2007
  2. mintaka

mintaka

#12     Jan 30, 2007
  3. wow.. thanks for the link, I hope he uses a premium development company, otherwise the product wont be attractive. EA sports make some of the best realism out there.

#13     Jan 30, 2007
  4. VictorS

VictorS

I think this idea is definitely going to work.
    Many here don't realize the transition playstation and xbox have made.
    As an example, I recently visited my brother-in-law who was playing the new 360 against three other people at a time. He was on there for at least 3 hours with at least 25 different people from around the country.(They are able to talk to each other with the game headsets.)
    What were they playing....UNO (card game). Doesn't get too much more boring than that.

#14     Jan 30, 2007
  5. Already exists... http://www.games.net/pc/104484/index.shtml

Fun game. A true classic attempt at modeling trading behavior.

Interesting how you can higher an insider, or an analyst.. your moral choices can affect the gain or loss tremendoulsy.

#15     Jan 30, 2007
  6. looked at the screenshots, the concept seems similar but the prices seem to be simulated and not current market prices. The product still seems 2Dish.

Have you seen the SP pit from CME viewers gallery, thats what the 3D environment would be like. I was in Chicago in the late 90's at the CBOT.

#16     Jan 30, 2007
  7. #17     Jan 30, 2007
  8. I was just stating the concept of a trading game has been done. Does not mean you can't build off it. Maybe Monte Cristo would want to do a sequel in the pits. The graphic you linked to could be easily done in 3d.

#18     Jan 30, 2007
  9. To make this into a successful product you'll need to be able to overcome some of the limitations that are currently killing the pits.. such as only being able to trade one stock at a time... and having a very limited number of people trading in the floor.

Plus, making it digital will bring even more limitations, such as not being able to read the body language from other traders in the pit.

It'll be quite difficult to develop this idea in such a way that it provides a unique edge to those who trade in this way...

#19     Jan 30, 2007
  10. this sounds like a VERY good idea for a game

really. i have not heard an idea this good in a very long time.

#20     Jan 30, 2007