Sonofabitch

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 13, 2007.

1. have un seen the pathetic excuses made by the fed back in march last yr for not publishing m3 aggregate no more?

hilarious, if it wasnt actually so sad:

Federal Reserve Statistical Release, H.6, Money Stock Measures; title with eagle logo links to Statistical Release home page Skip to Content
    Release Date: March 16, 2006
    Release dates | Historical data | About
    Current release Other formats: Screen reader | ASCII | PDF (33 KB)

March 16, 2006
    H.6 (508)

Discontinuance of M3

As announced on November 10, 2005, the Board of Governors will cease publication of the M3 monetary
    aggregate on March 23, 2006. The Board will also cease publishing the following components:
    large-denomination time deposits, repurchase agreements (RPs), and Eurodollars. The Board will
    continue to publish institutional money market mutual funds as a memorandum item in this release.

Measures of large-denomination time deposits will continue to be published by the Board in the Flow
    of Funds Accounts (Z.1 release) on a quarterly basis and in the H.8 release on a weekly basis (for
    commercial banks).

M3 does not appear to convey any additional information about economic activity that is not already
    embodied in M2 and has not played a role in the monetary policy process for many years.
    Consequently, the Board judged that the costs of collecting the underlying data and publishing M3
    outweigh the benefits.

On March 23, 2006, the Board will publish a final set of historical data on M3 and its components.
    The Board will publish historical data on M1, M2, M3, and their components in the current format
    for the last time today (www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/hist/). Beginning March 9, 2006, each
    week the Board will publish historical data on M1, M2, and their components
    (www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/hist/newformat.htm).

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/20060316/

#41     Mar 13, 2007
  2. yonglee

yonglee

A storm is coming tomorrow. Be careful. The current market is so fragile like a glass. I do not know what's going on. :confused:

#42     Mar 13, 2007
  3. Greet you Walter trader.
    Bad day have we today. Not can trade today. Feed data screwed up. Every since idiot Chi Com generals put practice missle up and and crash tele comm satlite we no get good signals trading. Now must use sat fone on ship and back pigee to HSA satlite data linker. Ha Ha.

Smart traders here,yes. We read learn $$no risk up bid$$ trader
    like Makmortherloder and EqTdr dippee buy.

go now before HSA catch and send chopper to ship us catch.

#43     Mar 13, 2007
  4. tdubnik

tdubnik

The key is to have a play that can make money either way.

In my trading account, I ma always flat at the end of the day. I trade the trends throughout the day regardless of direction. I like to make money both ways.

I also have a 401K that does not allow any margin trades or shorts. I was at 80% cash before today but started to dip into the market near the close. I am prepared to continue to buy stocks on sale all the way down to 10,000 on the DOW. If it goes much lower than that, I'll just have to hold on until it turns.

I may also buy some Proshares short stock if it looks like the slide will continue.

#44     Mar 13, 2007
  5. Let us know when you buy the proshares short, would ya?

Thks!

#45     Mar 13, 2007
  6. Why is EVERY sector hit by this mortgage news?...can someone explain that to me...

:mad: :mad:

#46     Mar 13, 2007
  7. JORGE

JORGE

Because a lot of the growth seen the last few years was a result of the easy money available to consumers, now that banks are tightening up credit, no more free money for the consumers. People will have to actually earn a dollar instead of tapping their HLOC's.

#47     Mar 13, 2007
  8. jd7419

jd7419

When I first started trading 7 years ago many family members and friends told me that I couldn't time the market, use charts, etc to make money. What they were really telling me was that they couldn't make money doing this. You my friend also can't make money by trading so you tell the rest of us that it can't be done.

My house, car, retirement fund, and net worth has almost all been derived from short term trading techniques. You better put a helmet on becaue the market is going to teach you a valuable lesson about price movement.

Also most of your comments echo sentiment about the markets recent rise and how its going to keep going and how bulls rule etc..... I remember the 2002 years trading with many guys at schonfeld in midtown manhattan who just couldnt adjust and accept that the markets could fall and fall hard on a daily basis. I saw many people blow themselves out. Moral is you better accept that this game is not about buying, holding and praying.

#48     Mar 13, 2007
  9. jd7419

jd7419

Previous post was directed at stock trad3r in case anyone was wondering.

#49     Mar 13, 2007
  10. A false sense of wealth was created with the real estate boom. I saw it coming for years, but had no idea when it would collapse. There has to be some concern when you see the average joe pulling the equity out of their home to buy a $90K fishing boat.

My guess is that the effect is pervasive across all sectors because the potential for a reduction in consumer spending is there. No more large purchases, no more sky-rocketing home appreciation, no more joe-blows buying homes by the dozen and selling them 2 weeks later. If you ask me, we have ways to go. The US is HEAVILY dependent on credit. I can't count the number of people that I come across on a daily basis that lead a lifestyle beyond their current means.

Besides, whenever a big shake-up occurs, the effect is usually not isolated to the sector that caused it.

#50     Mar 13, 2007