Sonofabitch

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 13, 2007.

1. TA doesnt work too well on securities that are affected by fundementals. Using TA on the S&P doesn't work.

#11     Mar 13, 2007
  2. dac8555

dac8555

i am having an awful day...i hit the wrong friggin button...and exited all my shorts... I had to reenter in the first bounce around late morning.

I am up about $3-4k...but i should be having a 10-15k day.

I had 2000 shares of qid
    2000 sds
    2000 dxd
    2000 tlt
    2000 ief
    short 1000 X

it was perfect. i am going to go home and punish myself.

#12     Mar 13, 2007
  3. Mvic

Mvic

Happens to the best of them, this down turn should have some legs to it (look at the Yen looks like like it wants to trade through resistance and the arguement that all the credit problems are contained in the sub prime area is starting to lose some credibility) and I am looking for a lower low than March 5th so still room to make some money on the dark side.

#13     Mar 13, 2007
  4. Play both sides, and enjoy sunshine from both sides. Only way to beat the markets IMHO. Tomorrow could be very ugly with Asia selling tonight

http://lauristonletter.blogspot.com/

#14     Mar 13, 2007
  5. <i>"Using TA on the S&P doesn't work"</i>

Did you mean to say, TA does indeed work on the S&P 500?

Some of us make a living like that... same holds true for any index, currency or commodity symbol.

#15     Mar 13, 2007
  6. Um asia markets are closed and don't open yet and there is no guarantee they will go down.

overtrading and trying to time the market is an easy way to lose money, actually.

#16     Mar 13, 2007
  7. <i>"Tomorrow could be very ugly with Asia selling tonight"</i>

Beauty is always in the beholder's eye :p

#17     Mar 13, 2007
  8. Thanks Mvic.

These channels are crushing people. You go long, markets tank. Go short, and there's a bounce.

Definitely a competent trader's dream, but a swing trader's nightmare.

#18     Mar 13, 2007
  9. your TA indicators may tell you the deatcat bounce will complete for the S&P, but that is from a purely technical perspective. however, the S&P is driven by earnings and teconomic outlook actually. Short term (1-10 minutes duration) there may be some tradable patterns but TA doesn't work for longer term forcasting.

#19     Mar 13, 2007
  10. dac8555

dac8555

sacred ametuer words. ready to go short yet? now you see what we have been telling you? it doesnt always go up?

#20     Mar 13, 2007