Sonofabitch. RIMM is up $22 in after hours trading...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 28, 2006.

1. #21     Sep 28, 2006

2. dude - are you still short?

you just got 0wned. it that other thread they told you the chart looked bullish..... :cool:

edit: i was short rim earlier in the year - this stock moves very _strangely_. The main reason I left it..

#22     Sep 28, 2006
  3. do you know what the avg daily option volume is? could you share the resource if you do?

thanks!

#23     Sep 28, 2006
  4. Thanks TKGB.

I am amazed there were 60k calls on RIMM.

I mean, I've seen more, but on much higher volume stocks.

Let's make some money on this mofo.

#24     Sep 28, 2006
  5. cboe.com has good data on options. Not sure if there is the exact historical information you are looking for - may want to look at other options exchange sites like ISE or contact OPRA

#25     Sep 28, 2006
  6. There were tremendous amts of calls traded today like someone said earlier (60k calls) The curios thing is that there were a lot in the back months as well which leads me to believe that someone did a boatload of reverse calendar by buying oct/ selling the Dec or Jan and even the Jan 08!

If the IV in the back months got pumped up hard today then someone did some serious front running. Either way , somebody knew enough to lay out for those r/c or a LOT by buying everything in sight. Either way I hope there is an investigation.

As much everybody likes to hate the MM's, they should not be taken to the cleaners like this since it affects everybody when they go out of business.

#26     Sep 28, 2006
  7. I can't wait to get up tomorrow, let the trades begin, and immediately see whether the puts pile in en masse.

#27     Sep 28, 2006
  8. no, i got out yesterday.

#28     Sep 28, 2006
  9. sometimes it's better to be lucky eh...

#29     Sep 28, 2006
  10. if i had the funds to allocate - i would put on a _massive_ vertical put spread out 6+ months.

sell the fu*k out of the far-out calls.

#30     Sep 28, 2006