Sonofabitch. RIMM is up $22 in after hours trading...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 28, 2006.

1. That sucks man.

#11     Sep 28, 2006
  2. tysong

tysong Guest

Having this experience, Rimm always volatile after release earnings, why don't we just long a straddle which means long a call and long a put and take a profit on either way.

#12     Sep 28, 2006
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Are RIM earnings always announced on the 28th?

I would have liked to have bought some sept calls but they expire on the third friday, right?

Yes, im cheap.

#13     Sep 28, 2006
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Fuzzzz I thought this shit was goýng down -- I had some 80/75 diagonals on this baby -- o well

#14     Sep 28, 2006
  5. Artie21

Artie21

Bagged 6 grand on that tonight.:cool:

#15     Sep 28, 2006
  6. nassau

nassau

that would depend upon your commitment to the trade and if you believe rimm is overvalued and will fall. also what your position size will be..
    writting puts limits your exposure and costs you money..
    I personally prefer to write the calls...and if necessary use some of the premium to buy calls for protection and possibly buy puts
    or take the october premium and ride the position...
    to high to fast...in my oppinion...

end of the month...some profit taking will happen imo as volume does not justify the move..same thing happened with brcm,mrvl,ati etc...
    what could happen and would make it interesting is for rimm to announce a split....would really put a kink in the equation.

good luck either way with your trade...

w

#16     Sep 28, 2006
  7. I've been following RIMM for some time now, and I cant wait till something like this happens (see chart). When this stock falls, its going to fall hard.

#17     Sep 28, 2006
  8. Good job, you you could teach these pour souls on the yahoo board a thing or two..

Subj: I'm RUINED!!!! 08:14 pm
    Man...I sold 100 RIMM Oct 95 Calls (Naked)...now I am broke.
    "I'm short 3500 and certainly cannot withstand a 20 point move against me in one freaking day....$70K lost in 24 hours is would be devasating for me."

Poor guys...

#18     Sep 28, 2006
  9. Can you link that?

I think I'm in for a strangle or a straddle on RIMM.

#19     Sep 28, 2006
  10. 60 000 calls (6 million shares worth!!!!!!) printed on rimm today - nope ... no insider trading here... you crazy? that'd be illegal...fuck talk about a score.... no wonder therse banks make billions. 136 million for a few hours work

#20     Sep 28, 2006