Sonic Trading Training Program

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Drectified, Sep 9, 2003.

1. okwon

okwon

I think the Shill thing is got pretty damn old a long time ago.

TM are you still having fun posting it as a reply to everyone asking for info?

TM do you run/manage a group? I'm just wondering because you seem so very sensitive to people placing covert ads on this forum.

#21     Sep 9, 2003
  2. Mecro

Mecro

Sounds way too good to be true in a time like this

I interviewed with them bout 2 years ago. 2 weeks later they had a hiring freeze and all of the management was fired and replaced.

#22     Sep 9, 2003
  3. NKNY

NKNY

I used to trade with a sonic trader for a bit years back. I went to there website and can't tell if this is the same outfit. They were ok but I remember leaving them because the short list wasn't big enough. Think they cleared through penson or computer trading....Again don't really remember...

Nick

EDIT: BTW it was a retail shop back then as far as I knew....

#23     Sep 9, 2003
  4. Yes, i run a little group called Schwab.....after my Shill group collapsed i decided to start again and created Charles Schwab.....listen, if you really think that that was just and honest attempt at info, please send me a PM and I will set you up with a rate of about 10 cents per share or if you prefer i have bridge I'd like to sell you..

#24     Sep 10, 2003
  5. Actually....it WAS a real attempt at info. I'm a new member, how am I supposed to know all the rules of this forum. I am not and have never been affiliated with sonic trading, and was simply looking for information......which is what I thought this forum was about in the 1st place. So unless you have something constructive to say, please stop posting obnoxious messages on my threads. I only posted the ad to keep from having to summarize its key points, since everyone else can read just as well as I can.

#25     Sep 10, 2003
  6. Drectified

09-09-03 01:40 PM
    Hedge Funds & Other Non-Prop Firms
    Hello All,

I'm a recent grad from a good school, solid GPA, 1.5 yrs work experience in various financial functions, etc... I'm currently unemployed and looking...Trading is a passion of mine, however I am not prepared to go the proprietary route.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or have any appropriate contacts for a HEDGE FUND, INVESTMENT FIRM, etc... that may be hiring within its TRADING department....I live in CT and the firm must be in or near FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT. CLERKSHIPS, ASSISTANT TRADERS, whatever....

I know there are a lot, however, it would be to my distinct advantage to know some more intimate details about the firm in order to sell myself. After sending out what must be 3,000 resumes and cover letter since May '02 I'm a bit frustrated and would like to entertain the thoughts of other professionals with the same aspirations. Any info about a solid place to get my foot in the door would be appreciated.

Much thanks.

==============================================

Ok...my bad...you sent out 3000 resumes and have no prospects...then you have an interview with SONIC a couple hours later .....Nice work...I apologize and will keep my skepticism to myself.

#26     Sep 10, 2003
  7. i'mlong

i'mlong

There is way too much bullshit on these threads. Can we stick to constructive criticism or just shut up? Its ridiculous having to read through all the bs on all the threads.

#27     Sep 10, 2003
  8. Nordic

Nordic

Doubt this Piker (TM) even trades. He just Fu#$'s with posters

#28     Sep 10, 2003
  9. You are correct.....what is your point?

#29     Sep 10, 2003
  10. dvs

dvs

questions about sonic please pm me....

#30     Sep 10, 2003