Sonic Trading Training Program

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Drectified, Sep 9, 2003.

1. vega

vega

I looked thru every page on the website, and didn't find anything regarding trading for/at this firm. To me it looked more like a brokerage firm with some fancy software. Could you please point me to the spot on your website where it talks about trading firm capital as opposed to opening an account and being a customer.

Vega:D

#11     Sep 9, 2003
  2. Maybe he read the Hamburger place ad?

#12     Sep 9, 2003
  3. I found their ad in Monster.com
    $600 a week sounds good. I wish I had a deal like this when I started out.

#13     Sep 9, 2003
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

You have been met with skepticism because you are a brand new member to ET and you're posting the entire advertisement of a firm. As they are not a sponsor it is not permitted, and the ad has been removed.

#14     Sep 9, 2003
  5. The Ad was posted on monster.com

#15     Sep 9, 2003
  6. #16     Sep 9, 2003
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Maybe it was, but you miss my point, you posted it here.

#17     Sep 9, 2003
  8. Ok, ok, ok. I think this guy has been beat up enough. He made a (what I feel) is an honest mistake posting the ad and he's paid for it.

Sonic Trading: Alot of people look for deals like this and not alot of them make the cut to get interviewed.
    Part of the reason for sarcasm are there are alot of fly-by-night operations with low ethics and people have been burned by them. There have been numerous posts here on elitetrader with snake-oil written all over them and due to the number of them the moderators and members take a prove it attitude first. I am not saying Sonic is one of them as I know nothing about them.

Apply for the position, do as much research on them as possible and take everything they say with healthy skepticism.

#18     Sep 9, 2003
  9. ....sometimes it is hard to tell. The only reason I knew it was not an ad is another thread he started the same time he posted this one about trying to get a job with a hedge fund.

#19     Sep 9, 2003
  10. okwon

okwon

Yes. Some people are actually looking for advise on prop firms. This would be the appropriate place for questions.

#20     Sep 9, 2003