"Songbird" McCain Gets SwiftBoated

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader5287, Jul 15, 2008.

1. jem

jem

I would not vote for obama - because the risk is that AAA accurately listed his real positions.

That is a powerful list and McCain should be reading this thread. I will begrudgingly vote for McCain unless a good third party candidate comes along.

But I have to say I do not care (as a voter) about McCain being a POW. That does not make him a hero. Hero's do something they make choices, they lead.

By the way have siblings, friends and relatives who served. Signing up to serve deserves respect... especially in time of war. And that may be heroic enough.. but John McCain is no more a hero than any other person in the military - in my opinion. Being a POW is a circumstance.

McCain seems to be a dull personality and dull brains. He has given us absolutely zero reason to believe he as an agenda which will improve this country's situation right now.

What is his problem.

Give me a plan. Show me some leadership for the future.... I suggest he considers 3 or 4 of the following.

1. A flat tax or improvement in tax code
    2. Energy Plan
    3. Investing in infrastructure
    4. Intelligent trade with a focus on helping companies make good market driven decisions which might keep some jobs here.
    5. Border security
    6. Reduction in burden on the border states economies with illegal immigrants
    7. A plan to encourage companies to invest in technologies of the future.
    8. Economic plans such as Romney's which claimed to be a market driven way to fix the health care system.

If this dipshit came out and gave us some leadership he could get himself elected.

As far as being right on the surge. He is a Republican Military Man in Congress with no chance of getting elected unless he made a bold move. Maybe an advisor got lucky. Just like Obama did on the other end of the spectrum.

#11     Jul 18, 2008
  2. stu

stu

You might abstain, abstention is a vote. Carries a number of advantages. One being, you will honestly be able to say "I didn't vote for this crook this time".
    What's the worst that can happen? One of 2 crap runners will get elected anyway, But on low numbers, the buggers feel vulnerable. Attention might just get focused a little better.
    :)

#12     Jul 18, 2008
  3. Lets look at McCain's agenda

1.Continue the war in Iraq at a cost of billions of dollars a month with thousands of more lives lost.So far there have been over 4,000 Americans killed,20,000 + Americans injured,and over 100,000 Innocent Iraqi citizens dead,with more to come if McCain gets elected.McCain is supposed to be so pro life and against abortions,but yet he has no problems with the 100,000 + lives lost in a war he voted for,a war he called for more troops to be sent into the war,and a war that he wants to continue.i never heard Obama say he believed in slavery reparations,but i bet slavery reparations would cost the US far less money then the billions of dollars spent in Iraq every month.I know there ar alot of war mongers out there,but i get sad when i see 18 years old kids with thier faces burned so bad they no longer look human or 20 year olds with thier arms and legs blown off

2.War with Iran.McCain let it slip himself.."bomb bomb bomb Iran"
    How many lives will be lost in a Iran war ?How many billions of tax dollars will be spent on a Iran war ?Where will the troops come from that would be needed to fight in a Iran War ?,Say hello to another military draft.hope all you McCain supporters are ready to see the young members of your families sent to war against thier will.If you're not sure about Obamas energy plan,just wait to you see gas prices when McCain starts bomb,bomb,bombing Iran

What will McCain do about the economy ?I don't know he says he needs to be educated on the subject.Obamas plan for the economy is to basically bring back the tax structure and Economic polices that bill Clinton had.I can go with that because the economy was much better back then.i don't blame McCain for not knowing much on the economy.when your wife has 100 million dollars,8 houses and spends 800,000 a month on her credit card, i wouldn't expect mccain to understand or care much about the economy

What about immigration ?well McCain was the head of a effort to give amnesty to every illegal alien in this country

i could make a list of the numerous flip flops mccain has made,but i'll just say kerry has nothing on mccain when it comes to flip flopping

aside from this McCain has made many hostile threats towards Korea,Russia and china,i woundt rule out world war 3 under a McCain administration.McCain trys his best to hide his temper and aggressive personality,but its clear he is still suffering from what happen to him in Vietnam.i don't want a tortured pow with a bad memory with his hands on the nuclear buttons

Obama is not my first choice,i wish this country would wake up and put people like Ron Paul in the white house and congress,but Obama is the lesser of the two evils we have available

Obama was right about the Iraq war in the first place.obama has been saying for years that Afghanistan and AL Queda was most important.Obama said he would go after AL quead in Pakistan,a few weeks later Bush made air strikes in Pakistan killing important AL queda members.Obama said he would meet with Iran before going to war with them,now bush decides to do it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o-zoPgv_nYg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o-zoPgv_nYg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#13     Jul 18, 2008
  4. McCain's Military record isn't that great

McCain only got into the navel academy because his father and grandfather where admirals.McCain was such a screw up at the navel academy that he would have been kicked out if his father and grandfather where not admirals

As a pilot McCain crashed 2 airplanes,clipped a set of power lines,and was shot down.i would not want to fly on a plane McCain was piloting

#14     Jul 18, 2008
  5. I will be the first to say that what both McCain and Kerry did in nam took guts. The Swift boat guys were all courageous. It was not some lark. McCain flew a jet off a carrier, which is so tough the Navy only allows a small number of people to do it in the first place. Then he braved incredible anti-aircraft fire over North Vietnam to accomplish his missions. Getting shot down is not something to be ashamed of, anymore than any soldier getting shot is. It is bad luck mainly. What Wesley Clark said was odious and shameful, particularly coming from a military man.

On a very literal level, I suppose we could agree that being a POW does not qualify one to be President, any more than serving on a Swift boat does. It does say something about a man's character and backbone though. I'm not a big McCain fan, but this is a tough man, one who will not panic or take the easy way out. Does anyone really believe Bill Clinton, just to pick a name, would have refused parole and stayed in the Hanoi prison as long as his men were there? That's called walking the walk.

When we are at war, you have to ask, which candidate will our troops respect? A guy who stayed behind in a POW hellhole rather than leave his men or a community organizer?

#15     Jul 19, 2008
  6. Many troops will respect a guy that was against a war and wants to end a war that killed over 4000 of thier friends and fellow servicemen and badly injured over 20,000 of thier friends and fellow servicemen

many troops will be against a guy who supported that same war,wants to continue that war,and wants to start wars with other countries like Iran.

I have friends with family serving in Iraq,and they all are praying Obama gets elected(my friends and the family menbers in Iraq)

#16     Jul 19, 2008
  7. You forgot to add that McCain crashed 2 jets and hit power lines.

just like the only reason mccain was allowed to stay in the navel academy was because his father and grandfather were admirals,the only reason McCain was allowed to continue flying planes was because of his father and grandfather

Out of a class of 899 students,McCain gradated at 894th of that class.most students that graduate that low wouldn't get the chance to fly fighter jets in the first place,but once again he had dad and grand dad.Even George bush had better grades then McCain.Obama was always among the top of his classes

#17     Jul 19, 2008
  8. troops might also respect a guy who fought for better conditions at veteran hospitals and better benefits before is was a national issue

Veterans might also be disappointed that McCain tried to stop the recent Webb bill that increased veterans benefits

#18     Jul 19, 2008
  9. What exactly is wrong with that? Does your religion tell you that it's WRONGGGGGG? OH LAWDY LAWD JEEEZUSSS CHRAYST

you pro lifers make me wanna puke

#19     Jul 19, 2008
  10. I really dont understand how those pro lifers who are against abortions have no problems supporting men like bush and McCain who started a war and wants to continue a war that killed over 4000 American troops and over 100,000 innocent Iraqi citizens,including many innocent Iraqi children

#20     Jul 19, 2008