Sondland admits to bribery and extortion, implicating everyone. Impeachment confirmed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Nov 20, 2019.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Per the just released transcript of his opening statement:

I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a “quid pro quo?” As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes.

Within my State Department emails, there is a July 19 email that I sent to Secretary Pompeo, Secretary Perry, Brian McCormack (Perry’s Chief of Staff), Ms. Kenna, Acting Chief of Staff and OMB Director Mick Mulvaney (White House), and Mr. Mulvaney’s Senior Advisor Robert Blair. A lot of senior officials. Here is my exact quote from that email:

“I Talked to Zelensky just now… He is prepared to receive Potus’ call. Will assure him that he intends to run a fully transparent investigation and will ‘turn over every stone’. He would greatly appreciate a call prior to Sunday so that he can put out some media about a ‘friendly and productive call’ (no details) prior to Ukraine election on Sunday.” Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney responded: “I asked NSC to set it up for tomorrow.”

Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret. Everyone was informed via email on July 19, days before the Presidential call. As I communicated to the team, I told President Zelensky in advance that assurances to “run a fully transparent investigation” and “turn over every stone” were necessary in his call with President Trump.

Read a full transcript of the testimony here

2. exGOPer

exGOPer

3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Where was the part again about quid pro quo with regard to investigating Biden?--I didn't see it here----you may have inadvertently omitted.

vanzandt likes this.
  4. exGOPer

exGOPer

He is testifying right now, you can hear it for yourself.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Exactly. He specifically said the QpQ was about a visit to the Oval Office. Bfd. I'm sure that's pretty much been par for the course for the last 75 years.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

You missed the Burisma and Crowdstrike mentions.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

I could have, but the market didn't blink so apparently... more useless bs that's not going to amount to a roll of pins.

8. UsualName

UsualName

More: Since Sondland has implicated Mulvaney, Pompeo, Giuliani and Pence in a crime executive privilege no longer applies.

Technically, congress can now force their testimonies. The White House surely would challenge this in court and drag it out but they would lose.

This does not mean democrats will hold up the hearings as this gets played out, only that it’s another point.

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D
    I just heard an MSNBC commentator make a remark that has to win some kind of award for being the most ridiculous and comical statement yet from that network...

"We rarely say this... but this changes everything."

Yeah. Ok. They've only said that every friggin' day for the last three years.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  10. this happens when you surround yourself with people who pay to secure their positions. #CrookedDonald

#10     Nov 20, 2019