son of Michael Behe,the father of intelligent design theory,says its all bs.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Sounds like you would assert that if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it, it still makes a sound, is that right? That's fine, many do, but to claim that this is the only way of looking at things is a pitiful display of ignorance.

#21     Oct 8, 2010
  2. jem

jem

you are a liar or a moron.

Your big atheist professor admitting the universe could have had a designer.

How can you say I am twisting words when you can watch the video I provided.

I conclude you have so little regard for the truth you are spinning out of emotional and mental control.

#22     Oct 8, 2010
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

Of course it's not the only way of looking at things, it's just the only logical way of looking at things. It's the only sane way of looking at things. Putting make-believe on the same level as reality is the pitiful display of ignorance. Willful ignorance for those who aren't suffering from some form of certifiable psychosis.

#23     Oct 8, 2010
  4. Hello

Hello

There are idiots within every religion who take things at face value, obviously the earth isnt 6000 years old, but some people choose to accept such a concept "religiously" just as you choose to deny the theory of a god, "religiously."

#24     Oct 8, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Glad to hear you've got that pesky problem all figured out. Please head over to philosophyforums and let them know about it!

#25     Oct 8, 2010
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Do you actually think whether or not a falling tree makes a sound is a philosophy problem? :eek: That's incredible. Dude, just rig an experiment and see whether the falling tree (or any other impact) makes a sound when nobody's around by using a tape recorder. Is this the type of thinking that has you hung up on whether or not to waste the rest of your life on the invisible super fairy in the sky? My deepest sympathies.

#26     Oct 9, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I can tell you what I would not have thought, which is that you, whom I have debated before on this same, tired topic, would be completely unaware of the well-known metaphysical debates underlying the question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_a_tree_falls_in_a_forest

#27     Oct 9, 2010
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

Those "well-known metaphysical debates" have all the significance of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Either you accept objective reality or you don't; there's nothing to debate. This "falling tree doesn't exist unless somebody observes it" nonsense is mental masturbation, pure and simple. It's a good way for drunken college freshmen to spend a Friday night, it is not a fit topic for grown-ups to waste any significant time on.

#28     Oct 9, 2010