Son of If You Can Draw a Straight Line . . .

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dbphoenix, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice. I would add "in the right direction and don't fight the stream" to "keep swimming swimming..."

#1861     Dec 12, 2013
  2. Gringo

Gringo

Very nice. By the book mostly. Your entry at the failure at NH was incredible.

Gringo

#1862     Dec 12, 2013
  3. slugar

slugar

your sarcasm is also incredible

#1863     Dec 13, 2013
  4. Gringo

Gringo

Sorry buddy. I didn't know these were hindsight trades. You've been around long enough to know I don't mean to insult, especially those who are trying this approach.

Even in hindsight at least your eye is able to see what is possible. The comment about the NH was genuine because in RT I was aware of it and was thinking if I would be able to take advantage of it or even recognize it.

Ok. I'll try to keep in mind you're doing this in hindsight but there are lots of comments and commentaries going around and it's not easy to keep track of what each individual is doing. Look at it from my perspective. I see an almost perfect entry day from you. No one has said anything about it. The only thing I can think of is that you're in training and need encouragement. Now this is me not knowing or remembering this is hindsight and to encourage you on your path I write something as a result. It was only and indication to let you know we are watching your progress and haven't abandoned you.

I wish you all the best.

Gringo

#1864     Dec 13, 2013
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I don't want to dwell on this in this thread, but it's important not to cut the tether that ties one to the basics without good reason. To do so runs the risk of wandering off into a whiteout and being unable to find one's way back.

The first long in your chart takes place at 0933. This will be stopped out for a small loss. There are no other longs here.

The first short is at 0953. This will also be stopped out for a small loss.

The next trade is a long at 1001. This will likely be BE.

Next is a short at 1010. This will yield maybe 2pts.

Next is a long at 1028. This will yield 4-7pts.

Win rate: 40-60%.

P:L: at least 4:1.

It appears that those who are posting here really ought to be posting in the Bride thread until the principles or guidelines or whatever one wants to call them are second nature. Only after one has reached that point should he even think about "playing" the approach. This isn't about being clever and earning high-fives. It's about a rigorous adherence to a drill. Without that, none of you will make much progress, if any.

#1865     Dec 13, 2013
  6. niko

niko

Yep, moving my stuff back to the brides's thread. About the playing part I just wanted to see if I could have the same clarity of thought with money on the line, and it did not happen, so I will go back as many steps as required until I get the drill.

Thanks.

#1866     Dec 13, 2013
  7. slugar

slugar

not trading again today but there is a short on the retracement and lower high at 3474

#1867     Dec 13, 2013
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

A little housekeeping. SDY, which I mentioned in November, broke out of its trading range last week. A RET may offer an opportunity to enter. XLV may be getting ready to make a new high as well (if it doesn't, of course, it will be a short op).

#1868     Jan 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.