Sometimes you make money trading Nothing !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gunner_trader, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Pezza

Pezza

yes this is true sometimes it is best to sit and do nothing but not sure it will make you money but it will save you from losing any

#21     Jan 16, 2022
  2. The ability to sideline/stay out when things are not clear is no doubt important. I'm a bit too trigger happy and am always amazed when I talk to people who say they sat the entire session without being able to pull the trigger.

#22     Jan 16, 2022
  3. Bouffant

Bouffant

This is why your knowledge is essential. You must not only be good at identifying trading opportunities but also trading risks so that you can save yourself from entering trades when not needed. After all, making money is not the only skill to be learnt; saving money is equally important.

#23     Jan 21, 2022
  4. Jdesey

Jdesey

Jesse Livermore said it was the quote not doing“ that made me all my money. He also said rare is the man who can sit on his hands

#24     Jan 22, 2022
  5. Syzmon

Syzmon

Don't know how I am relating this but idly sitting sometime does not mean brain is silent. Keeping eyes open and watching price movements sometime make a memory maps that can be useful for making quick trades.

#25     Jan 24, 2022