Sometimes I think that trading is a very bad job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mali, Jul 21, 2003.

1. I would think a trader can be evaluated just like any funds manager who uses his professional knowledge and skills to manage other people's money for the aim of capital growth.

The main difference would be traders normally merely manage their own money, besides cheaper costs and better returns.

Many people/organisations would think funds managers in general are useful by paying them fees and relying on them for long-term retirement plans.

Why would traders think differently?

:( :confused:

#81     Jul 24, 2003
  2. If you feel trading is a bad job;

just imagine how bad a real job is ...

#82     Jul 24, 2003
  3. Trading is the greatest job (business) in the world.

No physical inventory, No employees, No boss, No customers.

Work anywhere there is an internet connection. Turn it off when you have had enough!

Treat it like a business, have a plan and stick to it, review your trades, what went right what went wrong and adjust.

Take frequent vacations, relax and enjoy your success.

Who cares what "Joe six pack" thinks?
    Everyone investing in the market knows the risk.

#83     Jul 26, 2003
  4. Yeah, I think so, too.
    However, your post is nothing in terms of the response to the context by the thread starter.

#84     Jul 26, 2003
  5. I think it is important to understand that we are all a part of the "information revolution". Much like the 'industrial revolution" wrote the history books, we are experiencing a huge shift in paradigm in the world. Do not be too quick to judge your occupation as a trader as not creating any real value to society.

I don't know you, but are you able to spend more time with your family because of trading from home? There are probably many intangible values you may not be considering. Don't translate everything into money terms to consider it valuable.

#85     Jul 26, 2003
  6. Fair enough SmoothTrader.

>>First of all, let me excuse myself; but I gotta say so.
    Yeah, it's exciting, it's challenging, I have to admit that but we create nothing, no job for other peoples (except for broker), no value for the society.<<

Except for Broker? Has this person any idea of the employment in the Financial Software development, Data supply, News providers, Magazines, Financial newspapers etc...

I would call that value to society. There are alot of good paying jobs revolving around the financial markets created by Americans activity and interest in equities.

#86     Jul 27, 2003
  7. Job?

[​IMG]

#87     Jul 27, 2003
  8. i think you are too green and dont see the big picture yet...
    as a trader you provide liquidity to the market place and sometimes bring about better prices for buyers/sellers and are rewarded for doing so... you are also rewarded and can be handsoemly b/c you are taking a risk to provide this service

#88     Jul 27, 2003