Sometimes I think that trading is a very bad job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mali, Jul 21, 2003.

1. All I can say is that I'm doing a hell of a lot more for society than people like Alec Baldwin, Susan Sarandon, or that Gorafalo puke! The perpetuation of the Capitalist markets is a very important role to play in the society of the free world. I'm very proud of the fact that I trade!!! When others ask, I love letting people know that I trade.

#51     Jul 21, 2003
  2. I used to live in West Hollywood, and I know how the guys in the movie industry compare their job and our job. You wanna hear about it?
    Probably you can guess right.

#52     Jul 21, 2003

3. Maybe you don't create anything. But what you take, you take away fairly. I use this term to mean that the other person is knowingly buying/selling.

What do advertisers/marketers do? Convince people they need crap that they really don't.

What do salesmen do? Pressure you into spending more than you should.

Many jobs exist to cheat you out of your money. At least with futures trading, no one is being forced or pressured into buying/selling something they don't want. The other party knows what they're getting involved with. In that sense, it's fair.

#53     Jul 21, 2003
  4. WHAT A BUNCH OF BIG PUSSIES SOME OF YOU ARE!

"In this world a man must either be anvil or hammer." - Longfellow

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT IN MY ONE AND ONLY LIFE EVER, I'M GONNA BE THE F%&#ING HAMMER.

ROCK

#54     Jul 21, 2003
  5. So, what is the diffrence between a successful drag dealer and you? If I may ask.

#55     Jul 21, 2003
  6. Having said that, did you read The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan??
    I will read Consilence, but you also critisize him after you read the book. Or did you LOL after you actually read?

I admire him not because he is a popular-scientist but because I was really impressed by his humanity.

#56     Jul 21, 2003
  7. Carl Sagan is/was THE MAN.

ROCK

#57     Jul 21, 2003
  8. So traders don't create "stuff" that can be bought at Wal-Mart, big deal. What makes a corporation, thats only sole reason for being in existence is to make a profit (and sometimes at the expense of others) any better than a trader, who's sole existence is to also make a profit? The best way for any trader who feels that they are not contributing to society by what they do is to give to charitable organizations, IMHO.

#58     Jul 21, 2003
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Most wealth winds up in the hands of old women. Their hubbies work themselves to death and then leave it to them. My job is robbing old ladies with nice cute young money manager guys.

Max

#59     Jul 21, 2003
  10. Here is the correct quote:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil." I Timothy 6:10

It is NOT stating that money is evil - it is the attitude(love) towards it.

#60     Jul 21, 2003