Sometimes I think that trading is a very bad job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mali, Jul 21, 2003.

1. This is not funny at all.

#31     Jul 21, 2003
  2. LOL! Couldn't you find anyone more pro-science than Carl Sagan?
    Do you have ANY IDEA how many books on science and creation I've read?

I tell you something my friend, and I suggest you carve this into stone and hang it over your bed: Life was there LONG before Science. Science is an obsession of mankind, nothing else.

Life on this planet was most probably created by an incidental meeting of amino acids, to form a complex protein structure, not by artificial insemination like maybe you were.

"Science gave us life" as said by Carl Sagan is quoted, but misinterpreted by you as a literal statement. What he meant is that Science has "given us the life the way we know it today". That's all.

I don't think you're really in for a serious discussion on Science, and if so, then maybe you should read this book first:

"Consilience - The Unity of Knowledge" by Edward O. Wilson.

The most fundamental book on Science ever written, but maybe a little difficult to read for you. However, unless you understand it and can quote from it, chances are you don't know what you're talking about here.

Maybe you should ask yourself how come I have this name. If you want a scientific discussion, prepare to be a snowman in hell.

Come back with something valid, and I'll take you out.

~The Scientist

#32     Jul 21, 2003
  3. Oh well, I don't care how many books you've read.
    Plus, you interpret so stupidly.
    Extended life is given by Medical Science.
    It's soo obvious interpretation. Come on, what are you talking about??
    Just I said, I cannot credit you more than Carl Sagan. Pleare read again.

#33     Jul 21, 2003
  4. Well, if I've read so many books, chances are I have had a few more different opinions to refer to.

"Extended life given by Medical Science" is completely relative and still doesn't mean that life is given by science. Today, we have reached a point where more life is being destroyed by science than is given by it.

I interpret stupidly? Well, make a point! You haven't really answered to my concepts yet!

I don't care how much more you credit Carl Sagan. I'm not craving for your credit, I have plenty enough credit you would be surprised.

To say this here, Carl Sagan isn't necessarily an objective writer.
    Large parts of his book are negative or destructive in terms of trying to attack anything right-wing such as catholicism or the right-wing parties (republicans?). While I'm fundamentally left-wing, I still don't agree with his approach. Didn't even come up with theory that Hitler conspired with Pius etc? I mean, seriously, he had no evidence to back up his theories, and a scientist that makes large claims while not being able to deliver evidence, is not a qualified examining scientist.

Besides, the critics have literally torn him apart Not because he was revolutionary, but for exactly the reasons I just told you.

I have books of 25+ better, more enlightening and more meaningful scientists than him. As said, I'd recommend you read "Consilience".

Good Luck
    ~The Scientist

#34     Jul 21, 2003
  5. scientist,

I read Richard P. Feynman Physics book at age of 12.

I am trying to be fair. If I see someone says valuable, I just say so. I don't simply attack a person with the reason I don't like him.

You might read well, but honestly, looking at your way to move the argument from the 'Zero-Sum society', I really think you just keep going on with temp support logic for your opinion. From the very beginning your post looks just show-off- what you know.

#35     Jul 21, 2003
  6. To give you a list for some nice bedtime study-
    Read / Study these:

Leonardo da Vinci (Largest Genius ever lived)
    Christopher Langan
    Sir Isaac Newton
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Emanuel Swedenborg
    John Stuart Mill
    Kim Ung-Yong
    Adolf Hitler
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Immanuel Kant
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
    Sir Francis Galton

Friedrich Nietzsche
    Blaise Pascal
    Sigmund Freud
    :D

If you know these most highly ever accredited universal geniuses - And know them well enough to discuss the content of their works, come back to me and we'll have nice discussion about your "pro-science" friend Carl Sagan.

Yours Sincerely,
    ~The Scientist

#36     Jul 21, 2003
  7. Well, thank you for the recommendation for the book. I definitely check it out.
    However, you say science contribution is relative.
    >>Today, we have reached a point where more life is being destroyed by science than is given by it.

Someone is this thread mention Doctors are important people. I do agree, and I don't know what you would say, but many falks in the world would agree they are important people. (Please do not extend the topic again like 'what is YOUR impoprtant people?')
    Probably, when a close person to me is going to die, and a good dcotor will help the person. I would appreciate the medical science and the doctor.
    The many reseachers are studying further medical science, and it's not 'relative' contribution like you say.
    I personally knows a few, and their motivation is really high, and they do believe they are doing a valuable work to everyone. I respect them and admire them.
    The story is that simple. A mother and doctors can save her baby who would die in back in old days.

Extended life given by Medical Science

Of course, science is fundamentally a tool, not saver, but I do see it is valuable, and do see the contribution behind that.

You simply make an argument for an argument purpose. I don't see your point. Seriously.

#37     Jul 21, 2003
  8. I don't think you're trying to be fair. You've criticized me with a bunch of invalid and subjective statements, that's fact.

Regarding "Zero-Sum society", YES, it IS as zero-sum society. The only reason why it grows is because we're growing more population are exploiting more resources.

Let me tell you this, just for speculation's sake: One day, we will no longer be able to reproduce at this rate and all the resources will be exploited.

Only then will you see that there's nothing left and it's indeed zero-sum, because then we'll be beating each other's heads in for the last resources. The world economy is already faltering right now, simply because the growth given so far can no longer be sustained.

At least not until Science comes and finds yet another way to further exploit the resources available to give us yet another "push" towards capitalistic superiority.

One day, the capitalistic empire will fall, like every other empire in the past has fallen from growing too large. When the beast grows too large and cannot be fed anymore, it has to start feeding off itself. You will see. Or maybe your children will.

The Zero-sum game is the root of all this evil.

Yours Sincerely,
    ~The Scientist

#38     Jul 21, 2003
  9. Again, sounds like your focus is only materials.

#39     Jul 21, 2003
  10. TGregg

TGregg

Paying somebody money to shovel your driveway and walk does not actually create value in the sense that the poster spoke. If one breaks into someone's house, robs them blind, then spends the loot on snow removal, has any wealth been created?

And, this is not a job like a home inspector. When the home inspector finishes his job, the potential buyer (the person who paid the inspector) has some valuable information - potentially very valuable. It's information that he wanted before paying out any money.

I'm not making any judgements, but it's clear that daytraders do not create wealth of any significant amount.

#40     Jul 21, 2003