Sometimes I think that trading is a very bad job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mali, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Oh well. first of all. you mentioned our society is zero-sum.
    And I made an counter argumenet. Now you seem to escape from the point.

Let's stop off-topic 'Science Good or Bad?' or 'Are we happier than back in old days?'

A kid also can see science is BAD because it created a Nuclear Bomb !!, right?

Science. I admit it has the both possitive and neggative. You konw what? The reason I meantion the life-long-span of human is it is the easiest and obvious expamle. Science gave us life. You cannot deny it, do you?? unless you hate life..

>>While you think that's great, from a "mother earth" point of view, it isn't.

LOL, it reminds me "You, human are disease" by Agent Mr.Smith in MATRIX.

I will keep positing more.

#21     Jul 21, 2003
  2. I humbly segregate my method to earn money that is trading and my contribution to the society that is other than trading.

I don't say it's BAD, and I said I live with this.

#22     Jul 21, 2003
  3. cmuro

cmuro

Trading is a real job only problem is that every person who sits in front of a machine thinks that they are traders which is not true.
    We don't take the easy way through life with guaranteed salaries or the comfort of always knowing where our next pay check is coming from,but there is a select group of us out there that are confident of what our capabilities are .If you are not one of them you should get a job that offers security not only for yourself but for your family don't say this in a negative manor,only from stance of concern because i have seen a lot of good people get hurt in this industry because they didn't know when it was time to move on.

#23     Jul 21, 2003
  4. No wonder, most people are pro for trader as respectable job since this is a trader's forum.

Is there no one besides me who doubts that?

#24     Jul 21, 2003
  5. cmuro

cmuro

I think every person considers their profession a good one or they would not pursue that career.
    I do think our profession is one of the hardest things to be successful at .
    That is why I take a tremendous amount of pride in what I do because I feel that most professionals envy us.
    I do think Doctors are more important to the world than a trader
    but besides doctors,teachers, & some other very important people that are critical in our every day lives but I don't put lawyers, accountants,& many other professions in front of us.

#25     Jul 21, 2003
  6. Atlantic

Atlantic

which job gives guaranteed salary on the long run? do they all really know where the next checks come from? security?

#26     Jul 21, 2003
  7. LOL :p

"Science gave us life"... What did your parents tell you buddy? Did they get to the 'birds and bees' thing yet or are they waiting till after primary to tell you the truth?

You are trippin' man... :D

~Scientist

#27     Jul 21, 2003
  8. Take the money you made from shorting airlines on 9-11 and buy yourself a foster child.

#28     Jul 21, 2003
  9. Well, haven't you read The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan??
    "Science gave us life"... this is a quote from his book, and sorry I can't credit you more than him.
    Seems like your argument is really immature like highschool student in terms of science.
    Please read the book, and come back :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...002-1937423-2652004?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

#29     Jul 21, 2003
  10. :p

~Scientist

#30     Jul 21, 2003