Somethings happening HERE!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MarkBrown, Jan 14, 2021.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

something is up that market is stalling in anticipation for something happening. figure it has to be this inauguration thing, but the market is on edge and stalled. we been in sideways chop for 5 days now. got a feeling this market is going to rip one way or the other in catastrophic gaps.

it's like waiting for a report but it never comes, lol.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

It will rip down, because I am long. This is the way of things.

End of line.

zdreg, VicBee, johnarb and 4 others like this.
  3. treeman

treeman

Rotation to small cap value. The Russell 2000 has been outperforming the Nasdaq by a wide margin since September. 2% up on the day + ATH. The market is not stalling.

Option_Attack and MarkBrown like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed, that is evident in the delta between NASDAQ and NDX. Not only did they flip prices about 4-5 weeks ago, (after flipping the first time back in Aprilish,) as of today the NASDAQ is like 200 points over the NDX.

Just shows to go how there is belief the economy is on it's way to steady recovery. Peeps are starting to believe in small business again.

5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i am only daytrading and getting chopped the fuck up so i am waiting till the dust settles. it's brutal.

maybe just maybe TSLA killed the SP500

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Funny after a gigantic non stop straight up run the thought of a stagnant market has literally people in extreme fear. Even a solid 23% drop and this market would still be overbought.

7. themickey

themickey

Yes, I've noticed that with gold, it's stalled and feels odd, but the rest of metals are bullish including copper which is just one bellwether which is calming my nerves atm.
    But yes stalled but no danger about yet, no warning signs of a dump.
    Oil and gas too looking ok atm.

8. S2007S

S2007S

Another reason for the stagnant market is word of yet another multiple trillion dollar stimulus plan that the market is once again so eagerly waiting for as usual. Because without stimulus and the fed intervening in the markets, indexes would be 83% lower than they are today.

cesfx likes this.
  9. noddyboy

noddyboy

So I keep my shorts right?

10. Overnight

Overnight

Now we KNOW you're baked. 83% down? Good grief!

#10     Jan 14, 2021