Something's Always Trending

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Jan 2, 2012.

1. I don't know how it is in stocks and futures anymore since now all I'm trading is forex, but I can tell you, something is always trending.

It may be nothing but chop on the daily, but a beautiful trend will appear on the two minute. And same thing, the five minute may be up and down, but the hourly shows you a nice trend.

Most of us got into trading with the idea of trading the chop, since most of the time that's all markets do. But once you catch a trend you start looking for them.

At anyrate, something is always trending on some time frame.

2. hkrahra

hkrahra

Aha...there we go again.

Have you prayed tonight, Desdemona?

3. I had to do a google search. Apparently she has something to do with Shakespear.

The problem with people who are religious and the people who are spritual is, the people who are religious know how to respect God. The people who are spiritual pray for parking spaces.

Otherwise, there is always a trend going in forex. At least on some time frame.

4. Fool

Fool

Act V, our Tragic hero is utterly convinced that his faithful trader is anything but, that this trader has seen trends where they don't exist. But he still loves this trader. So, though he has resolved to kill the trader, he first must make certain this trader has prayed:

hkrahra: Have you prayed tonight, Oldtime?

Oldtime: Ay, my lord.

hkrahra: If you bethink yourself of any crime unreconciled as yet to heaven and grace, solicit for it straight.

Oldtime: Alas, my lord, what do you mean by that?

hkrahra: Well, do it, and be brief; I will walk by: I would not kill thy unprepared spirit; No; heaven forfend! I would not kill thy soul.

Oldtime: A guiltless death I die.

Fool: O, who hath done this deed?

Oldtime: Nobody; I myself. Farewell. Commend me to my kind lord: O, farewell!

:D :D :D

5. I didn't say I see trends beforehand, I just said they exist in hindsight.

My only unreconciled crime is that 99.99% of what I post on the internet is bullshit.

There's really no point in killing me, if I hang out on ET I've already been commended to my kind.

One of these days when you're getting chopped to death on the 5 minute just pull up a daily and you will see oldtime was right, if you just got small and short you would have made out ok.

Same thing the other way, if you just got large and traded the 2 min you could have caught a good trend for an hour.

6. the chop, the box breakout and the trend............
    to the 5.7 exit door.

all day long.

s

7. the db chop in the box
    the diverge
    the breakout
    slingshot back 2 the money line

continuation of trend to the 5.7 exit door at the shop 729 line.

s

8. yeah I suppose 5.7 is as good as anything. Nice charts. My point was (and it's been made many times before) on some time frame, something is always trending.

9. OT

this is your thread.

how 'bout posting up some pics and show us your def. of trend.

s

:cool:

10. i don't know how to do that anymore, check out euraud on the five minute, that's been a good one for me

#10     Jan 4, 2012