Something new for journalists, dissidents. Anonymous, Free internet.

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by wilburbear, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Launched a few hours ago after more than a year of research. Proton VPN. It changes your IP address so you can't be tracked. Proton has already offered encrypted free email for over 3 years. Now this.

Share files and other information anonymously, watch Netflix from other countries, etc.

Your U.S. based VPN provider will never be able to say "No" for a request for your data from the USDOJ! Same for any of the other "14 eyes countries", which include the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, etc. Proton is based in Switzerland - which has the best privacy laws.

I'm a trader and privacy advocate not a shill. Spread the word, and read more here:

https://protonvpn.com/

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Always wondered about this stuff. I don't quite understand how it works. Is it like a proxy where you have to run your traffic through a third party that slows down your speed and such?

comagnum and Max E. like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

kind of; think "remote desktop", with the exception that speeds can be exceptionally high as their based off countries w/ridiculous internet service (think sweden). I've used similar services in the past w/30 mb/s sustained download speeds.

comagnum and Tsing Tao like this.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I appreciate that. I'll have to take a look at it.

5. maxpi

maxpi

If they take payment in bitcoin and don't keep any records it's secure

6. Overnight

Overnight

So you are actively promoting a website that can allow money laundering through criminal enterprise. *tsk tsk*

You getting a stipend for each user you get to sign up? Or is this your "free speech" stance that you have been waiting for all your life?

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

nothing wrong with protecting anonymity

MoreLeverage and PitchBlack like this.
  8. I have an account with them for both: email and vpn.
    Best offer on the market. But take the paid version. Free servers are always loaded +80% while paid ones are around 5-15% loaded.
    Also use "secure mode". Never found this mode anywhere else.

Has nothing to do with criminality. What the NSA does is criminality; spying on and in my private life without any proof of me doing something wrong.
    If you use internet VPN is the most important and first thing you need.

Emails between proton clients are incrypted from start till finish. Switzerland offers the best protection for privacy.
    Download speed is between 30-100Mb/sec (wireless) depending on what configuration you are running. Without VPN I reach on average 200 Mb/sec.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    MoreLeverage and johnnyrock like this.
  9. Before criticizing you should first read and know who the organization behind this is, and what their purpose is.
    Proton was established by people working for CERN (google to find out what CERN is), and it is a non profit organization. They reinvest ALL PROFITS in improvements and new products. So your remarks are ridiculous and proof of complete ignorance.

CERN is the birthplace of the World Wide Web.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  10. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

How would you say it compares to NordVPN? After the UBS scandle, I'm not fond of Switzerlands privacy laws...:)

#10     Oct 11, 2017