Something Fishy With This Market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Minime, Oct 17, 2002.

1. tampa

tampa

abc
    [size]abc[/size]

#11     Oct 18, 2002
  2. cheeks

cheeks

In my native southern language.

"Ya'll Paranoid as hell."

#12     Oct 18, 2002
  3. ddefina

ddefina

Just don't start buying more for Grandma's IRA.

I spose ya all goin to tell us "The Matrix" was fiction now too? :D

#13     Oct 18, 2002
  4. cheeks

cheeks

She doesn't own anything, except tobacco stocks.:)

#14     Oct 18, 2002
  5. Hmmm, wonder if I could sell this thread to Oliver Stone?

#15     Oct 18, 2002
  6. Maybe it's cause I saw Elvis just about a week ago

#16     Oct 18, 2002
  7. this is a normal bounce.. the ferocity of the rally indicates that shorts are getting squeezed but i dont think anyone could make a credible case that the feds are involved.. and i wouldnt hold my breath on this being the bottom.. especially not with the prospect of us going to war with Iraq and now possibly North Korea.. when we were around naz 3000 and the market was going down down down beyond what was "reasonable" i remember speculation that some foreign country was shorting the market in some malicious attempt to destroy our economy.. now that we get a little retracement, everyone thinks the "MIB" Men in Black are the cause.. forget it..

-qwik

#17     Oct 18, 2002
  8. Minime

Minime

Somebody has to show the PPT the definition of a pullback. Looks like they jumped the gun yesterday. :D

#18     Oct 24, 2002
  9. We have a saying in Russian that goes smth like "a bad dancer blames his balls for getting in the way of his dancing."

#19     Oct 24, 2002
  10. I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean that they aren't really after me.

As for the "PPT", well there isn't one of those, but there is the Fed Working Group on Capital Markets. It is real, and was signed into law by Reagan after the 1987 crash.

As for the theory of mutual funds colluding to prop up the markets, well that is exactly what the Fed Working Group is all about, the fed never directly buys stocks, they can only encourage private entities to buy stocks. Collusion is also completely illegal unless they were given special authorization by the Fed Working Group. So, you can't have one without the other.

Also, you have to remember that 9/11 was declared an act of war, and it was an act of economic warfare as well as terrorism. That is plenty of excuse for the Fed Working Group to take action. There have been several days this year that looked like crashes until "somebody" bought absolutely massive amounts of S&P futures at the exact bottom for no apparent reason.

Also, it is my opinion that even without the Fed Working Group, the markets are always "fishy" on and around options expiration and elections, and this is no different.

#20     Oct 24, 2002