Something Fishy Going On Here On Et

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ROCK SOLID, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leave him alone, he's my friend :mad:

#11     Apr 20, 2003
  2. You don't have any friends. :D

ROCK

#12     Apr 20, 2003
  3. Well YOU are not my friend, thats true... you LOSER :D

#13     Apr 20, 2003
  4. This soap opera reminds me more of MAD Magazine's Spy Vs. Spy, where the black spy unzips his costume and turns out to be the white spy, and the white spy turns out to be the black spy after he unzips his costume.

All we know at the moment is that inandlong is inandlong, LongShot is LongShot, Aphexcoil is Aphexcoil, candletrader is candletrader. Whether any of them are the same person is just guesswork.

It is somewhat interesting, though, that the time LongShot managed to push me beyond my endurance was when I created a free Flashbuilder website I downloaded from CNET, and LongShot made these accusations at me that he thought I was a hacker because he said there was a gator plug in the website I made. People who are excessively suspicious of others usually make me suspicious of them.

I don't know who's who in this Spy Vs. Spy, but the idea that LongShot might be into mischevious hacking would not surprise me. I want to believe that inandlong was nobody but inandlong, because he was a moderator, but he had a multifaceted personality himself, and not much would surprise me there either.

#14     Apr 20, 2003
  5. If what you say is true, I think I now know why INANDLONG is no longer here. I gave him access to my site so that he could use the FTP system with his own username. I'd be very curious to know if LONGSHOT knows the password, too. If he did, I would be completely baffled.

The source code to my software is safe, but there is no telling what else they could do to my web site.

I am nobody else on this web site. I only have one registered name and that is aphexcoil. I know INANDLONG is only INANDLONG. As far as FSP, Longshot, et. al -- I have no idea

#15     Apr 20, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Gee that is uncomfortable Aphie.....like not knowing who is going through your underwear drawer.....wondering if they had dirty hands or left itching powder. Is there anyway you can check who accessed your site?
    :(

#16     Apr 20, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

Yes,

Assuming he has access to the server, Apache or any of the other web servers can be told to log IP addresses. Then, you can run a program that does reverse DNS to lookup the domain where the user came from. Even when he does not have access, the ISP will often offer site statistics that show where users are coming from. In this case however, I believe the issue in question is an FTP issue (not thru a web browser - you can also ftp from a web browser.) That is even easier to know where the users are coming from.

Also, if the ISP is alerted to the fact that there are malicious users trying to attack a machine under their watch in any way, they have powerful methods to track the user down.

nitro

#17     Apr 20, 2003
  8. I PMed aphexcoil more about this.

aphexcoil, if you do track the bastard down, I will tell you which IP was mine. I know for a fact LongShot and I both logged in because I saw that he uploaded a file.

LongShot, reply to this thread, loser! Tell us what you're up to. You messed with the wrong dude today! :)

ROCK

#18     Apr 20, 2003
  9. aphexcoil,

Another thing I thought of is this...

Maybe LongShot got the login/password the same way I did. Maybe LongShot did a deal with someone else and THEY gave HIM the login/password. Then maybe LongShot just used it again with me. I'm not at all saying that is what happened, but it is a possibility.

ROCK

#19     Apr 20, 2003
  10. I received your PM and will give you more information in private. If you can give me the approximate times of when you believe he uploaded it, I can check the logs. In fact, all I have to do is check to see who's uploaded via my FTP in the past week or so and find out an IP address and then see where it is coming from.

Unfortunately, since he has my correct password and username for INANDLONG's account, there could only be a few possible explanations:

a) He is INANDLONG (very doubtful)

b) INANDLONG has dealt with him before and perhaps trusted him to use the account (more plausible)

c) LONGSHOT has been hacking (very doubtful, since he'd have to go through a lot to get that password).

The most likely explanation is B.

#20     Apr 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.