Something Fishy Going On Here On Et

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ROCK SOLID, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SORRY I PUT THIS UNDER TRADING, BUT I THINK IT'S INTERESTING....I UNDERSTAND IF IT GETS MOVED.

YESTERDAY LONGSHOT MADE A POST IN THE CLASSIFIEDS SECTION. WE ALL KNOW LONGSHOT IS FASTERPUSSYCAT, AMONG ABOUT 15 OTHER NAMES.

LONGSHOT SEEMED KIND OF FISHY...HE WOULDN'T AGREE TO ANY OF MY OFFERS. HE GAVE ME A USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO A FTP SITE. GUESS WHO'S FTP SITE? APHEXCOIL'S!!!!! LONGSHOT GAVE ME A FTP PASSWORD TO FTP.SUBZONEX.COM!

APHEXCOIL HAS HIS JASPER STUFF AT JASPER.SUBZONEX.COM.

IT GETS EVEN STRANGER!!! THE USER NAME I WAS GIVEN TO LOG ON TO THE FTP IS "INANDLONG"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF IS GOING ON?!?! APHIE?!?!

BTW, TRYING TO GET ANYTHING FROM LONGSHOT/FASTERPUSSYCAT IS LIKE PULLING TEETH. THEN WHEN YOU DO GET SOMETHING, IT'S NOT EVEN WHAT HE SAID IT IS. HE RENAMED SOME CRAP TO .PDF AND THE FILE DOESN'T EVEN OPEN. ROFL

IMO, FASTERPUSSYCAT/LONGSHOT/ALL HIS OTHER NAMES BELONG TO A TWISTED INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!!!! :eek:

ROCK

P.S. NORMALLY WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS, BUT LONGSHOT SCREWED ME.

2. If I want to pay attention to mindless intrigues I'll watch the day-time soaps...

3. nitro

nitro

It is hard to acknowledge one anonymous handle throwing stones at other anonymous handles, and therefore should be met with great skepticism by the ET "public."

That said, I am not surprised by any of it. A little bit by Inandlong, but as I have his personal e-mail, I may email him and let him know of this "accusation." I think that Inandlong was working with Aphexcoil to better the Jasper program. I would not be surprised if he had access thru ftp to the program, and there is little harm in that.

HOWEVER, I will caution the meek here at ET by saying: BE VERY CAREFUL OF SOFTWARE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE INTERNET. ONCE ON YOUR MACHINE, YOU MAY HAVE LET THE PROVERBIAL TROJAN HORSE IN. THESE PROGRAMS CAN EASILY OPEN PORTS THAT A FIREWALL CANNOT STOP, AND COULD POTENTIALLY COMMUNICATE TO A REMOTE HACKER SENSITIVE INFORMATION THAT YOU STORE ON YOUR COMPUTER, ARE RUNNING IN REALTIME, OR IS STORED/RUNING ON YOUR NETWORK.

People have always asked me if I have tried this or that software. I tell them that, unless I have access to the source code and I can compile it myself, or the software is distributed by a reputable company, that I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.

nitro

4. Do you think virus protection scan can
    shield against trojans at all?

5. nitro

nitro

No.

A trojan is a prorgram that does what is says it does [that's the reason you let it in the first place,] but it also does more "on the side." It is nearly impossible to stop this kind of program once you let it in.

Here is a site that discusses this. I do not condone the use of this software, just that it provides some useful easy to read info on their website.

http://www.anti-trojan.net/en/

nitro

6. I am not at all accusing ET member Inandlong of being LongShot. I'm simply wondering if aphexcoil knows that LongShot/FPC is giving out FTP logins/passwords to his site. Questions I'm thinking are, is aphexcoil LongShot? I believe Inandlong was helping aphexcoil with Jasper, but how would LongShot get Inandlong's login to aphexcoil's site? Not accusing anyone of anything. I just think the whole thing is odd.

ROCK

7. nitro

nitro

I see you point.

nitro

8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

The interesting point is LongShot did not make any post in Classifieds in the last few days. Neither did RockSolid.
    This place is really a soap opera.

9. LongShot did, but his post got deleted.

ROCK

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I guess he posted something naughty then?

#10     Apr 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.