something different?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by patefern, May 12, 2002.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Have both Netscape 4.79 (the final 4.x ver) and MSIE 5.5. Used Netscape exclusively for a long time on Elite, no problems until about last Thursday, slowed to a crawl and still that way. Tried MSIE starting today, better, not significantly so, but definitely a little better. Something is rotten in Denmark (is that saying used any more?)

#11     May 13, 2002
  2. Verizon DSL and IE5.50 and have had no problems with this website. Also just tried Netscape and no problems either.

#12     May 13, 2002
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

When problems such as site speed affect only a subset of users, it's typically a network problem that's out of our control. However, I will look into it and see if any problems can be identified on our end just to be sure. Thanks for the feedback.

#13     May 13, 2002
  4. I have had those problems lately on a Tier 1 T1.

#14     May 13, 2002
  5. Has the site recently made changes to its scripts that might slow down the response for some users who haven't got the optimal combination of Microsoft and Sun Java on their machines?

#15     May 14, 2002
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

No, the only feature that uses java is the chat room.

#16     May 14, 2002
  7. Eldredge

Eldredge

I have been having problems with slow loading on this site for the last couple of days too. Using cable modem with Netgear router in Idaho.

#17     May 14, 2002
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Something's definitely wrong here. Slow for me too.

BSAM

#18     May 14, 2002
  9. I take back what i said. I've been having problems today. Tried pinging the website and the problem seems to be the last couple of switches on route, where I was getting readings off the chart.

#19     May 14, 2002
  10. Baron,

There is a problem; can not connect half the time ...

#20     May 14, 2002