Someone used my IB account to trade!!!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gurzilla, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Bob111

Bob111

#21     Sep 29, 2006
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

it was me.

sorry i was just mucking about. had i known it was your account i wouldnt have done it.

#22     Sep 29, 2006
  3. gurzilla

gurzilla

Very funny...

#23     Sep 29, 2006
  4. gurzilla

gurzilla

I use SSL, no wireless network.

OK, I checked the log and there are no instances that show I placed the trades.

Thank you very much for this tip; I can now prove to IB that I did not perform these trades.

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Jorge

#24     Sep 29, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

are you saying that IB never checked your log or asked you to check the log?

how is this possible? please explain.

i am glad that everything will be ok for you.

#25     Sep 29, 2006
  6. gurzilla

gurzilla

I was never asked about any logs by IB... As a matter of fact, I brought it up to them after receiving the tip on this forum.

Even after bringing it up to them, I was not asked to send the log or anything else...

Weird!

#26     Sep 30, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

lack of knowledge, refusing to answer the question asked, bluffing an answer,giving out erroneous information are more serious
    than boorish behavior.
    we are very lucky to have steve and other people from IB on this board to
    handle SPECIAL problems which customer service people are incapable of handling or are unwilling to take the time and effort to solve.

there is an obvious need for a bulletin
    to explain how to handle similar situations. a clear policy is needed on the question of closing the position.

#27     Sep 30, 2006
  8. Probably because they were into the guts of their own systems by then. Also I suspect that logs can be altered and probably have been in the past --- funny what people will do for a buck.

#28     Sep 30, 2006
  9. zdreg

zdreg

how did the shares end up in your account? did someone access your computer or were the shares accidentally dumped into your account at the other end.

#29     Sep 30, 2006
  10. teun

teun

The password of an IB account is max. 8 symbols.

I find this not very secure. Why not more?

#30     Sep 30, 2006