Someone used my IB account to trade!!!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gurzilla, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Bob111

Bob111

not exactly, but similar thing happened to me not so long ago-i got filled long on IB account @ about 100% higher from yesterday close. i did not enter any orders , and after execution sitting on loss for couple K. then-i got message in bulletin window, that trade was under review and few minutes it got busted. i did not request any busts either. is contra party did,when sitting on couple K profits? that would be really stupid. and on top of it-all this happends within 5-8 minutes.
    have no idea what is going on that day.

#11     Sep 29, 2006
  2. BCE

BCE

This happened to someone else a few weeks ago as I recall. Do a search maybe and try to find that thread. There were lots of differing opinions about whether to close the postion or not. Sorry that happened to you. One of those unexpected things we all have to deal with. The trading itself is difficult enough. Good luck sorting that out. :)

#12     Sep 29, 2006
  3. BCE

BCE

This is the other thread http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...page=5&highlight=ib penny stocks&pagenumber=1
    Couldn't find it myself but you can thank zdreg http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=19529
    who looked it up for you. :)

#13     Sep 29, 2006
  4. gurzilla

gurzilla

Thank you everyone for your help, support, info, concern, etc...

Here's the latest info:

Though I received an email from IB stating that the trades came from my IP address (which is impossible since NO ONE EVER has or had access to my PC).

I just finished talking to someone at IB and I was told they were going to reverse the positions/trades as if they never happened and that I will see the results on Monday...

I am thankful they are going to reverse the trades; however, the reps seemed to be angry, short, annoyed, etc. when I asked what had happened or why that happened... Fact is, I am VERY concerned and fearfull that this may happen again.

We shall see by Monday... I will post an update.

Thank you Steve_IB for being so helpful, POLITE, and REALLY concerned about my situation.

My best to everyone.

Jorge

#14     Sep 29, 2006
  5. This is a 60 cent stock that's up 10% for the day? Just making sure.

Don

#15     Sep 29, 2006
  6. gurzilla

gurzilla

Yes, that is correct.

#16     Sep 29, 2006
  7. BCE

BCE

Sometimes the reps there are assholes. Not everyone by any means but some really are. Sorry IB but it's true. You should work more on monitoring your customer service. I've had to deal with some big time morons/jerks. I put up with it because other than that I like the brokerage and I don't have to deal with customer service on a daily basis or anything. And some other people there are all right. The customer service reps at my bank are always really nice. Every single time. No excuse for bad behavior. At least Steve is stepping forward to help you out. That's the way it should go down. Good luck.

#17     Sep 29, 2006

8. can't you check the tws log file to see if the order was or wasn't put in from your machine?

#18     Sep 29, 2006
  9. gurzilla

gurzilla

HMMMMM where do I access that log???

#19     Sep 29, 2006
  10. Bob111

Bob111

did you using SSL? if not-use it.
    do you have wireless network?

#20     Sep 29, 2006