Someone trying to manipulate Intrade Pricers or just sloppy buyer?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 23, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

When i left my house at about 7:00 Eastern on Friday night, I noticed that the price of the Obama contract was around 56.5-57.5, then when i got home at about 2:00 in the morning i noticed that the Obama contract was trading at 60.5%.

Doesnt make any sense, there was no news on Friday, all the news Channels were focused on the shooting, and nothing else.

So either this guy was trying to boost the price in the middle of the night on Friday night, or it was the dumbest buyer ever, trying to put on a size position in the middle of the night on a Friday night when there would have been very little liquidity on the books.....

What other reason could there have been for an 8% move all of a sudden in the middle of the night? Romney's contract also did the same thing except in reverse.....

Only other thing i could think of is a bot going crazy but that doesnt make a hell of alot of sense either.....

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Maybe someone is aware of some nasty Romney news about to be leaked.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Could be, but i doubt Obama would leak anything until the news on this shooter over with, cause its literally the only thing that gets covered on every single channel right now....if someone knew some inside information they would have had to know it wasnt getting leaked until atleast the middle of the week this week

4. Wasn't Intrade about 80% on the side of the SCOTUS shooting down Odumbocare?

Let's hope equally wrong this time. (We won't survive a 2nd term.)