someone stole my f*#$ing car radio tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Did I mention I sell auto insurance as well?

j/k

Both, sorry to hear about your losses. Kind of takes away from the joy of knowing you worked hard and paid for something. Then, just when you are enjoying the fruits of your labor, someone pulls the rug right out from under you and steals your stuff.

#11     Oct 6, 2002
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Home invasion case here in Chicago few days ago: 1. asshole shot, 2. asshole shot to death. GG, maybe it will make you feel better, I admit I was cheering.

#12     Oct 7, 2002
  3. The only good bad guy... is a dead bad guy

That is why I carry this....

:cool:
    Andy

#13     Oct 7, 2002
  4. as a victim of car (and other) theft, i think i know how you feel, gekko.

not much you can do about what happened now, but, for the future, you might want to seriously consider making some noise about tougher penalties for criminals (get involoved, vote, write letters).
    make no mistake, the lax attitude of liberal judicial activism (you know, where the criminal becomes the "victim"), with its resultant "revolving-door" penal process is a major contributor to the pervasiveness of these relatively "soft" crimes.

#14     Oct 7, 2002
  5. toby400

toby400

I thought America had a zero tolerance policy toward crime, or is that only New York?

On another note, some people are saying that they feel safer in New York than in London.

Maybe it's the growing drugs scene that results in so many pointless/profitless petty crimes of theft. Drugs seem to be pervading all societies and cultures these days.

Now this will upset many but I sometimes wonder if free access to drugs, globally, would destroy the economics of drug selling, or simply destroy the drug economy along with the countries econonomy?

Or maybe goverments can sell drugs and tax them like cigarettes. ( sorry for the cynical note):eek:

#15     Oct 7, 2002
  6. dude, i could not agree more. i am a major supporter of tough penalties. if the punishment was severe enough, it could help. just for the sake of example, if you were caught stealing a radio and you were given 6 years in prison...say 5 years mandatory with good behavior, i don't think there would be as much of this sh!t going on.

also, our government's #1 job is to protect us. ALL THESE SOCIAL PROGRAMS SHOULD GO OUT THE FUCK!NG WINDOW. then, take the money saved and triple our police force nationwide. after that, increase all the penalties and enforce them.

well i could go on and on here.....

#16     Oct 7, 2002
  7. AMEN, BROTHER.

#17     Oct 7, 2002
  8. "I am from the federal government, and I am here to help."

#18     Oct 7, 2002
  9. sempai

sempai

That's because of Britain's draconian gun laws. Crime has gone through the roof over there since they disarmed their population.

#19     Oct 9, 2002
  10. toby400

toby400

Draconian gun laws ?

Street muggings, etc have gone up in London and elsewhere before handguns were restricted. Further. No one could ever carry a gun in the street, before or after the law on hand guns came in.

I doubt if the average American could lawfully carry a hand gun in the street. People here can still own shotguns which accounts for the odd fatality among burglars. But I believe the law in America is such that any burglar shot in an Americans home is fair game:)

I still believe it is the increasing use of drugs that fuels the rise in crime. Even the old are now victims of the druggies need for his next fix.

#20     Oct 9, 2002