Someone needs to string Corzine up.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 24, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

How the fuck has no one laid charges on this ass hole?

Bam and his buddies
    Last Updated: 12:39 AM, May 24, 2012
    Posted: May 24, 2012

To President Obama and his campaign, venture capitalists come in two flavors:

Avaricious vultures (Mitt Romney comes to mind).
    The good kind: folks who are putting their money where the White House says it will do the most good — in Obama’s re-election campaign.

Folks like New Jersey’s ex-Gov. Jon Corzine — who remains a major Obama campaign bundler, even while under investigation by several federal agencies for alleged Wall Street-related misconduct.

It turns out that Corzine was paid more than $8 million in cash and (now worthless) stock options by securities brokerage MF Global shortly before it went belly-up and mysteriously “lost” a staggering $1.6 billion of its clients’ money.

Team Obama has returned Corzine’s donations — but it’s still more than happy to pocket any and all cash he brings in from his friends.

Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) has said “people need to go to jail” over MF Global’s collapse — but to date, no one’s even been charged.
    Indeed, a new PBS documentary reports that Corzine personally lobbied regulators not to ban a strategy that allowed his firm to borrow money from customer accounts to fund trading elsewhere. That strategy, “internal repo,” was critical to Corzine’s betting the MF farm on risky European debt.

It also appears that MF Global illegally commingled company and client funds to pay off financial obligations.
    Yet Corzine is not considered a vulture.

Nor are those top execs at Mitt Romney’s old firm, Bain Capital, who’ve been pouring money into the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

Bain itself, of course, is the prime focus of Obama’s wrath these days, with campaign ads ripping the firm as “vulture capitalists.”
    Obama is facing mounting criticism from — surprise — his fellow Democrats over these attack ads.

Newark Mayor Cory Booker, former Democratic Party Chairman Ed Rendell, Sen. Mark Warner and Obama auto czar Steve Rattner have all questioned Obama’s seeming attack on the free-enterprise system.

Booker, of course, walked back his public criticism of the “nauseating” attack “of his own volition,” says Team Obama — a claim contradicted by Booker himself, who admits the campaign spoke with him.

Obama, of course, is about nothing if not double standards. But this time, he truly has outdone himself.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio..._buddies_2omjYFvNefhk7jx9Ks17WJ#ixzz1voG7WBHV

2. i think what corzine did is actual legitimate theft. he reached in peoples pockets and stole their money to cover a bet.

he actually went into their bank accounts as seg funds are not held at MF.

BUT, the bank that transfered the funds is also to blame.

3. Max E.

Max E.

I think exactly the same thing, whats the difference between him, and a bank employee who steals 1000$ from the vault?

The only difference is Corzine took 1000 times more money.....

4. very clear that Obama himself must now be investigated to see if he attempted to PROTECT Corzine and pervert the course of justice.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

And Corzine is an Obama supporter.

6. There are people, lot's and lot's of people doing hard time in the State Penitentiary for stealing less, much less. People doing hard time for doing less damage, hurting fewer people. Corzine won't do a day. He may pay a fine, like that piece of shit Mozilo did. A 67 million dollar fine and a net worth of about 600 million at the time. Let's see, I pay 10% fine of what I steal and that's it. I'll take that deal all day long.
    So it makes it more than a little tough to keep a straight face when asking the hood rats why they don't respect the law. Why should they? The Corzines of the world have their game, the gangsta's have theirs.

7. Bloody hell he's not just a supporter he's one of the top money grubbers (I mean fund raisers ).

I'm sure the plan is to drag it out as long as possible and for obama to just pardon him once the public has lost interest in the fiasco (I mean multi-bullion dollar heist).

8. pspr

pspr

Corizine is scared to death that Obama won't be re-elected and his pardon will go out the window with the Obama defeat. Because he can't be pardoned until after he is convicted.

9. No offense to the civilized gentlemen here--but...

What if someone with real coin was cheated out of say, 500K or up to 1 million in their account.

If they were connected; shouldn't Corzine be taken out by a professional hitman?

Seriously--I am baffled why these fuckity fuck fucks aren't 'sanctioned' more often.

peace

hedvig

10. JamesL

JamesL

[​IMG]

#10     May 24, 2012