someone I know is gaming the intern system.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Any thoughts on what are the best ways or is the best way to bet against higher education costs (ie bet that college tuition will come down)?

Thanks,

MG

#11     Sep 7, 2010
  2. I believe that it is basically illegal to use "interns" for free work. The law is very restrictive about what responsibilities the "interns" can do, when not being compensated. He is likely setting himself up for jail time and heavy fines. If true, it only takes one disgruntled "intern" to figure out this and rat him/her out.

#12     Sep 7, 2010
  3. Heck, I've seen the "intern scam" going on for close to 20 years now. Who knows, maybe it's been around even longer. I'm sure there are some more defined laws as it pertains to say manual labor or manufacturing, no way in hell that somebody could hire an intern for that type of work. However, any sort of white collar work seems like it's been fair game for decades now.

I agree that it is total bullshit, but kids are naive and they will fall for it hook, line and sinker. On the other hand, the education bureaucracy has a quid pro quo for this sort of thing as well. At the very least, some of these college kids earn credits for a legit internship. So, all is not lost if that's the case.

#13     Sep 7, 2010
  4. #14     Sep 8, 2010
  5. xburbx

xburbx

what if the internship was an internship that at the end of working for 1 year free you learn to trade? would you do it then? sounds like a good deal to me

#15     Sep 8, 2010
  6. I am stunned by the simplicity and truth of that observation. Every day lots of new names are added to the global DNS, and most of them belong to scammers, spammers, e-criminals, and speculators. The DNS industry has a lot of highly capable and competitive registrars and registries who have made it possible to reserve or create a new name in just seconds, and to create millions of them per day. Domains are cheap, domains are plentiful, and as a result most of them are dreck or worse.

#16     Sep 8, 2010