someone explain the new Nasdaq quotes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Oct 30, 2006.

1. this really friggin sucks for me...
    i scalp nasdaq stocks based upon a strategy that reads the various algorithmic interactions between brut, isld,sumo and arca.....now all i see is one big clump of island quotes...

my days might be numbered...has anyone else have had the single book integration impacted adversely upon their trading strategy?

#21     Oct 31, 2006
  2. This is one twitchy freaking bs market.

Computers own your butt now.

#22     Oct 31, 2006
  3. its truely amazing how these assholes have to continuously fuck with routes and rules while the frontrunning goes on and on

#23     Oct 31, 2006
  4. Get used to it. 3/4 of the action is noise, the rest trend.

You figure out which is which you win. Else, you contribute to the fund.

#24     Oct 31, 2006
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Sorry, but i can't help being cynical here. I'm not expecting any "improvements" in the order handling process to result in greater transparency until there is a change in the makeup of the SEC and that is going to require a change in the administration in Washington. Money talks, and right now the MM's are talking loud and clear.

#25     Oct 31, 2006
  6. I am just wondering if trading with new Nasdaq quotes is similar to trading NYSE.

#26     Oct 31, 2006
  7. Htrader

Htrader Guest

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining. Nasdaq trading is now more equitable than ever. Since supersoes and isld merged, you have exactly the same access as the market makers.

And if this change eliminates a few scalping techniques, then so be it. There is so much more to stock trading than anticipating what the next few ticks are going to be.

#27     Oct 31, 2006
  8. All day today CNBC was talking about how the market would crash if Democrats were elected. There's a reason Wall Street loves the Republican party. Who else would let them keep on screwing the little guy. lol!!

#28     Oct 31, 2006
  9. I don't think 'access' has been an issue for years.

#29     Oct 31, 2006
  10. trom

trom

The "big players" didn't (and don't) necessarily show their size. The thing that is gone is the ability to see the one ecn/SIZE refreshing (having tons of reserve).

Here's an example:

Awhile ago I found a stock that was being run by someone using SIZE. If SIZE was at the inside he was buying and the stock was on the way up. So you could do something like buy when he comes inside, ride it up with him, sell when he backs off, wait for him to come back to the inside, then get back in and repeat.

It doesn't really matter that we can't see who is displaying what amount of shares, that's fake most of the time anyway.

What's is missed is being able to spot the brut/SIZE that's pushing around the stock, even though he might only be displaying 100 shares.

#30     Oct 31, 2006