Someone cleaned up my IB account (almost)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Mishka, May 6, 2002.

1. def

def Sponsor

understood, however just to let you know when I sent a mail to compliance regarding your post, they said they were aware and were investigating. In short, the person you spoke with should have given you more comfort that the firm did not take it lightly (which I made a strong effort pointing out).

#61     May 9, 2002
  2. An option for a customer to elect check disbursement only, would provide another level of security. Once elected it could not be reversed EVER on that account. I would opt for such an election.
    BTW this exact situation occurred to an account I held with DATEK
    in 2000. I successfully had the account frozen and lost no money.
    However I was less than thrilled when the response from Datek was that since someone had gained access to the account using the proper password, they considered any transactions thereafter to be valid. I promptly closed the account.

Q`

#62     May 10, 2002
  3. You're joking, right?

But seriously Def, you should pretend to be a retail customer and check out the attitude of most of IB cust service reps.

#63     May 10, 2002
  4. Banjo

Banjo

It certainly is more than a little unerving that they place so much info on the email s. Even Waterhouse doesn't do that They absolutely have to stop doing that. Why do they send emails anyway, all you have to do is check the execution confirms.

#64     May 10, 2002
  5. ddefina

ddefina

My emails pile up in their own folder and I never look at them. I just download from the website each week. I wish they'd at least give the option to not get them. I wonder if it's an SEC requirement to send daily confirmations?

#65     May 10, 2002
  6. I think someone mentioned that it is. The SEC always has to step in and fuck everything up, don't they?

#66     May 10, 2002
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have two brokerage accounts that do not send out any notices but make the confirmations available at their webb site for at least 60 days. I have third brokerage account that sends out an e-mail each day I trade to let me know I have a confirmation on their webb site. I like IB's daily e-mail confirmations; However, it is looking more and more like there may be too much risk in the form it is now sent.

Catoosa

#67     May 10, 2002
  8. Bung: "But seriously Def, you should pretend to be a retail customer and check out the attitude of most of IB cust service reps."

I worked for a company that did that. The VP would call branches posing as a customer with a variety of problems to guage how well the staff was handling customers while he wasn't watching.

Def, your higher ups should seriously consider trying this based on the amount of repetative descriptions in thread after thread.

Burying your head in the sand doesn't help you grow.
    If I ever were to open an IB account it would only be if Def was handholding my customer service. He seems to really care but like most large organizations, one or two people can't do it all.

Just my thoughts.

#68     May 10, 2002
  9. Did you find any trojan on your PC ?

Once someone gets running a trojan on other people´s PC he almost can do anything he wants.
    No problem to read passwords from keyboard or to forward emails (i.e. your tokens from IB) found in your ´inbox´.

#69     May 10, 2002
  10. Bsulli

Bsulli

#70     May 10, 2002