Someone cleaned up my IB account (almost)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Mishka, May 6, 2002.

1. jaan

jaan

about a year ago a colleague of mine had a look at the traffic, and it was definitely not encrypted. could be that they have changed it since, but i doubt it.

- jaan

#91     May 23, 2002
  2. Mishka

Mishka

My "friend" already granted 1-st part of your wish before you even asked, had posted on this thread.

#92     May 23, 2002
  3. that is worrisome, to say the least...

def, you better get some of the IB staff in here posting soon or you will be losing customers. I am not leaving, but others may look elsewhere.

#93     May 23, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

under discussion is the removal of e-mail statements and just e-mails telling you that you did a trade and you should log into your account to download/check.

#94     May 23, 2002
  5. Miki

Miki

That's good news!

Thanks, def.

#95     May 24, 2002
  6. gerico

gerico

Hi Def,

I'm S-Gerry, I've posted many msgs about IB security holes even in the new IB discussion board.

There are at least 4 big(! big! big!) security holes to be fixed as soon as possible.

1) LOCK/UNLOCK function (to prevent hacks)
    2) secure OPTION EXERCISE
    3) Last login TIME/DATE
    4) no more eMAIL of statements

I don't think these changes will require so much programming work, I hope to see REAL solutions ASAP!!

NB: the numbers 1),2),3),4) respect the priority order.

#96     May 24, 2002
  7. Cable Modem Providers.

Anyone know anything about broadband providers installing
    Support.com and BroadJump Inc. software on you computers.

These softwares are suppose to help them solve you computer porblems without sending a technician to you home.

Anyway, any computer security experts out there care to comments on this.

#97     May 25, 2002
  8. There does lie the age old problem of the provider determining whether the problem is in their network or your equipment. Does this sound familiar? That's right, just like the telephone companies and the D-Mark.

These software packages diagnose a problem from your end to them, as opposed to their end to you. They are mostly helpful in determining causes behind your DMARK (cable or DSL modem), like your software or computer hardware. For example, proper configuration of Outlook Express.

Personally, I would not install this software because the provider should be able to test to the modem from their end. However, for the non-technical person it might provide some usefullness.

The security risk is minimal. However, one should read the threads on firewalls and gateways on ET. There are several good ones.

Mike

#98     May 25, 2002
  9. I have to say that the wiring thing is scary and I am pleased that The systems worked and this was a plot foiled. I have to say that the scum out there would love to take trader's money and security is the most important thing and that is whay the system works. Good job. and I feel a bit more secured. I feel the confirmation system in place is great. Most of these jobs are inside attempts and they will all become uncovered.

GO FBI and get this guy.

#99     May 26, 2002
  10. gurzilla

gurzilla

I have a similar problem with my IB account...
    Someone traded 2500 shares of INFX stock with my account and I was told by the IB customer service rep that I owned the trades basically.
    I asked him to look at the IP address and my account history so he could see that I only trade e-minis...

No success yet :mad:

#100     Sep 28, 2006