someone at IB needs thier ass kicked

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stock777, Jun 20, 2007.

1. dhpar

dhpar

i will happily disagree with that. i do not see many improvements in say past 5 years - in fact things were probably better then (but arguably I was trading less accounts and less money).
    Could you please tell me what got better? (and do not say a security :))

#51     Jun 21, 2007
  2. Three biggies:

1. More markets that are open while I'm awake.

2. Backfill data.

3. 5 second true data bars for charting applications.

#52     Jun 21, 2007
  3. How long stock can be halted for ?
    Is there any max change in price before stock was halted and after?

Thank you

#53     Jun 21, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

1. ok - but that's true with any broker.
    3. I guess you mean tick data (not 5 second data) - fair enough - that's handy.

on the other hand I really have access to my monies much harded than before - and everything is more clumsy. One excuse is the Patriot Act but still IB could do much better.

To make myself clear - I still think IB is among the best (that's why I still use them for big part of my trading) but the progress is slow. They are so good because they were great 5 years ago - not because they significantly improved since then.

#54     Jun 21, 2007
  5. dhpar, I'm sure you're right, so where are we all going to thats so much better?

Gots to be a boatload of us all ready to jump ship, and you'll get all the referral bonuses!

I'll bet IB's programming staff would be real sad to hear they've been working for 5 years and could have been laying around on the beach instead.

#55     Jun 21, 2007
  6. dhpar

dhpar

what a smart comment stock777.

#56     Jun 22, 2007