somebody/sec should investigate this futures crap!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Quiet1

Quiet1

The market opens at 14:30 London time.

I make no claim about value here its just exactly the same thing as valuing your house relative to what your neighbour just got for his. Your house may be entirely different but if he just lost 10% why would you not "mark down" the value of yours in your head?

#51     Jan 3, 2007
  2. ok.....sorta like we're travelling down the same road in different vehicles on different days I think.....anyways, to me, value is not really my perception but what I think is someone elses and this is usually varified, right or wrong.....as I can't trade with myself then, to me, the other persons opinion carries more weight......

thanks for the reply

j

#52     Jan 3, 2007
  3. I'm absolutely in total agreement with you on this one!

I think yesterdays futures fiasco says it all. Before i go any further i certainly did not get my fingers burnt either.

'At certain times of the year the markets get a life of thier own'...f*cking A!

Prices went up and stayed there, am i supposed to get some books out and read up on volume analysis? NO!

Read anything to do with market manipulation, corruption and so on.

Do you think the states is going to let china laugh at it?

Yours,

A REAL PARANOID WHACKO!

#53     Jan 3, 2007
  4. bighog

bighog Guest

Holding overnight is indeed stupid for a so called DAYTRADER. To hold overnight is NOT being a daytrader.

At the close of the regular days pit session 1615 EST .........That is it, YOUR day is over.

If a person decides to position, swing, spread or hedge a loser that is their choice, but a true blue and honest to the core daytrader is flatter than "TWIGGY" at the close of the day. Anything other than being flat is like married to a loser.

When a trader like the big talker that started this thread makes opinions and they turn into road apples, then to save face he blames others. Classic rookie yak, yak. Those that are worth the salt just trade what the eyes are seeing, anything else is trading your self esteem..............WRONG.

Ok, the new year has arrived, time to get serious and up the nut for this year. More focused and less forum, less chat and more technical analysis. This is going to be fun. ..... :cool: :cool: :)

#54     Jan 3, 2007
  5. there is an invisible "hand of god" bidding up the indices and currencies and metals to some degree....

correlations between data, bonds, equities, metals and currencies are all out the window. it is one great pool of liquidity and prices seem to move in tandem up or tandem down.

personally, i think this is a liquidity/inflation melt up as evidenced by almost all worldwide indices busting record highs. precious metals forging highs, wheat, uranium, oil, nickel, copper, orange juice, you name it - this is all to do with a plummeting dollar and a sick financial system...

as far as manipulation goes - nobody really know it exists and regardless - kvetching about it aint going to pay the bills. i have noticed a correlation that everytime the us markets are closed though - gold and silver go up, the usd gets pounded and typically, with the exception of this weekend, futures get sold.... then magically they all correct as soon as us order flow returns...by no means evidence - but more than coincidence imo...

so enjoy the ride and just don't be the last guy standing when the music stops...

#55     Jan 3, 2007
  6. bighog

bighog Guest

"hand of God"....................... God is called greed and fear. Have not heasrd this "invisable hand of god" dribble for many years.

God is the problem for beginners? Bluestreak must be talking to god.

#56     Jan 3, 2007
  7. I disagree....this gap up was a gift.....keep shorting!!! :)

#57     Jan 3, 2007
  8. Well said Europe and Asia were both up big on Tuesday. Some markets well over 1%. So because of that the only thing available to trade us stocks was up big also. This is normal ebb and flow. I agree that most people, myself included, only think in terms of US but if they really took a big picture look they would realize there is nothing wrong with the futures up so much.

Eric

#58     Jan 3, 2007
  9. Yes sir, targets all the way down to 1431 so far........that was a nice gift.

#59     Jan 3, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums

good call.
    PPT at 1430.50

#60     Jan 3, 2007