somebody/sec should investigate this futures crap!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 2, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

you might get lucky and get a chance to fade it, look at Friday, nice jump followed by a downtrend all day. Who knows, wait till data is out and trade that. Futures right now MEAN NOTHING.

#41     Jan 3, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

10:00 AM ISM Index

this is moving the markets tomorrow

anything above 51 and many will fear more rate hikes and a drop below 49 will not be something the markets want.

anything between 50-51 will be perfect for the markets..

#42     Jan 3, 2007
  3. zdreg

zdreg

is that the line you use with women. just call me the sheriff coming to correct the imblances in your life.

go for it. it may work.

#43     Jan 3, 2007
  4. i think this rally is justified. 4 days no trading build up.

#44     Jan 3, 2007
  5. .......great......what are you planning to do with it.......?

#45     Jan 3, 2007
  6. Quiet1

Quiet1

What's so sad about this thread is that its as if the rest of the world just does not exist to some people.

US stocks are traded by more than just Americans and represent businesses that trade in more than just America. American share of world economy is LESS than 100%. About 5.5 billion+ inhabitants of the world are Not American.

All world stock markets in developed countries (say G7 at least) are very highly correlated anyway. So if people in Asia or Europe are buying their own markets then it obviously makes sense to them to buy US futures too.

So sad, really its depressing that this thread even exists for more than 2 posts.

:(

#46     Jan 3, 2007
  7. dunno, am already long since weeks ago, c/intc/bls. let's see what happen, no plans to liquidate any time soon.

#47     Jan 3, 2007
  8. until the big funds managers, who arent yet, committed to this upmove since the june/july botts I'm still not convinced we are onto a bigger up-phase......the us dollar is attracting a lot of outside dosh.....a lot of true believers......but in the nearterm......I am riding the upmoves.....that's where the immediate strength is even if you try to justify short covering as the lynchpin........

Net long-term capital flows to U.S. rise to $82.3 billion
    9:00 AM ET, Dec 15, 2006 -
    20 minutes ago 19.
    Capital flows to U.S. rise to $62.2 billion in October
    9:00 AM ET, Dec 15, 2006 - 20 minutes ago

the above quote attests that a lot of folk still think the US nation is the go....

#48     Jan 3, 2007
  9. Quiet1

Quiet1

No it doesn't its just saying that for example if a global food producer based in London is up 1% since the US last traded and this holds for the sector generally then maybe US based global food producers should be priced at that UNTIL WE KNOW DIFFERENT. Because there is so little trading in them when the US is not open they are effectively just "marked" higher until the US open...

#49     Jan 3, 2007
  10. ......and do we know differently yet ?

#50     Jan 3, 2007