somebody/sec should investigate this futures crap!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 2, 2007.

1. the ym is still acting weird almost a straight line across on 470 contracts traded.....nice way to unload a risky position without taking a huge loss. Usually, the chart looks a lot more zigzagged than this during this time. It will be funny watching this thing just free-fall at some point tonight!

The trade of the night is to short 10 contracts of the ym--at 70+ (free as money ever gets), as with the morning news jitters alone this will drop pre-news/market at 8:30 eastern time for a nice trade.

#31     Jan 2, 2007
  2. Why don't you stop complaining, go short, and clean up when the "manipulation" is over? Wouldn't that make you feel much better than anything we can write on this board?

#32     Jan 2, 2007
  3. that dawned on me about 30 minutes ago---i can`t believe more people haven`t jumped on the other side---lucky for me----to waste this much time, and still get in on the action---but even when I make money from this trade----I will still be benefiting because of "highly irregular" market movement...just call me the sheriff coming to correct this market imbalance:)

#33     Jan 2, 2007
  4. understanding how gaps work is an essential part of my strategy

it is one of the reasons WHY i prefer to scalp YM over ES (i prefer to gap dynamics of the dow vs. ES).

gaps are a natural part of the markets

even if the dow didn't drop at ALL from here, it is up a mere 67 points from settlement after a 4 day weekend. that is .53%

statistically speaking, while that is a decent size gap, it is hardly statistically amazing

i have seen MUCH larger gaps, on both a points and a percentage basis, and of course, it aint cash open yet, so there you go.

ill give bluestreek a little hint here.

statistically speaking, ceteris paribus the first trading day of the month is an inferior day to fade gaps, and the last trading day of the month is superior

of course there are other factors involved, but that's based on statistics that go back 25 years, so i pay attention to it

i already scalped a little of this

also note that Wednesdays are the most likely day of the week for a "trend" day, and thus have a higher possibility of a breakaway gap than other days - they go in this order

wed, thur, tues, fri, mon

there. there is some usable info. if bluestreek would actually STUDY the markets instead of whinging about them, he might learn to trade them

but, odds are he will fall in the 90% of active traders that lose money

and provide liquidity. thanks dood!!!

#34     Jan 2, 2007
  5. I just completed my investigation. I will post my findings just as soon as your account balance goes to zero. That shouldn't be too much longer.:D

#35     Jan 2, 2007
  6. Is this for real?

You are screaming manipulation when the Dow is up 65 pts overnight?

The markets have been closed for four days. The ES is up 8. Hong Kong and Europe were up 1-2% yesterday. It's the first day of trading in '07. Where do you think it should be trading?

#36     Jan 2, 2007
  7. scarlet, his rationale is this

if the market moves in a way opposite to his brilliant "predictions" - it is MANIPULATION

when and if they ever move in the direction he predicted, - it will be the right hand of god following his lead :)

he's done this before. he's been a screaming bear and tries to keep calling a top

#37     Jan 3, 2007
  8. 6 points and counting for my 10 cars......you should have listened and took this trade yourself hg:)

#38     Jan 3, 2007
  9. I don't listen to other traders. I listen to the market.

#39     Jan 3, 2007
  10. well if the ym goes back above 70 +.........the market ought to be telling you to jump all over that trade...fade it big time:)

#40     Jan 3, 2007