somebody/sec should investigate this futures crap!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 2, 2007.

1. How is having more buyers than sellers manipulation? And, if you're right, that it will be only 30 above fair value, then be one of the sellers!

Requiring a cash market to be open at the same time as the futures market only makes sense to someone who has never traded a future other than ES/YM/NQ. Right now, you can buy Dec '07 corn. That's right, a futures market is open (and quite active) on a crop that hasn't even been planted yet.

As an aside, it's the CFTC you should be complaining to, not the SEC. But, they'll just think you're a loon too.

#21     Jan 2, 2007
  2. bingo. btw, i entered a nice corn spread not too long ago that looks really nice. MAR contract down almost 1% right now from the close on friday

calendar spread i entered , long DEC/Short Jul corn

my point exactly. if blue streek is so confident that the dow, which is up 68 points right now, will only be up 30 points by that time in the morning, then he should stop whinging and short the YM for a 38 point gain

duh

#22     Jan 2, 2007
  3. Sounds like someone's about to go busto here. This is how the game works, make a note of it so you don't leave yourself vulnerable again. If it wasn't this, chances are you'd be bitching about some other market abnormality (except this isn't an abnormality) that caused you to take a loss.

Even if you had anything legitimate to be angry over here, it's the WRONG attitude you want to have as a trader. You can't afford to waste your time and degrade your mental energy and quality of your thought process by reinforcing such mediocre thinking and compaining.

Trading is an EVER changing game, that has ALWAYS been dominated by the big players and the people with the knowledge, and emotion free approach to trading.

Good luck and sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully it'll spawn some good additions to your trading notebook and rules/stops.

#23     Jan 2, 2007
  4. All you have to do is look at the YM chart, and that will tell you something odd is going on, charts don`t look like that with NO NEWS EVENTS.

That isn`t normal trading behavior/chart patterns--in fact, I will venture to say, that it can only be accomplished with a coordinated/cooperative trading system of buying and odd selling to bring this feat off by SPECIFIC ym participants.

I bet further that the sec could investigate this issue and find that a couple of teams of traders are responsible for the gist of the move.

You only see charts like that after a drug passes a stage 3 trial, world peace is discovered, or a cure for cancer is found:)

#24     Jan 2, 2007
  5. Come on don't bring this to their atention. Other wise we will have same regulains as we do for equities. That will drive half of us to hang themselves. :mad:

So, lets keep it the way we have.:) Plus I like the tax. It is far better than the equity taxes.

#25     Jan 2, 2007
  6. thank god for traders like bluestreek

and i use the term "traders" loosely in his case

a good floor trader once told me that when makets REALLY move, they don't move because they want to, or because traders want to. they move because they HAVE to. stop getting blown and margin calls being met etc. are what causes the BIG moves on many occasions. that's when the market just blows through price levels and you see the YM gap 3-6 points between TRADES in the middle of the day

love it

and traders like bluestreek who stubbornly trade their opinion help those big moves

the market climbs a wall of worry. it also climbs a wall of overconfident shorts and bears

HSI has made a turnaround and has dropped over 200 points in the last 20 minutes

must be MANIPULATION :)

#26     Jan 2, 2007
  7. for the last time I am not involved in this trade at all, i have no direct interest in this beyond pure observation of odd market behavior.

My only positions are all cash and puts on the qqqq`s which expire in march, which alot of people are buying as they have really been moving up in open interest/option activity recently.

Do I have to have a fat person weighing 500 pounds sitting on top of me to notice that the dude who just walked by me in the mall was one Horizontally Challenged Individual?

Some of the rationale on this board is backwards, the way some of you think, the Hunt brothers wouldn`t know that the markets they were trying to manipulate/corner were manipulated b/c they were making money off of them!

#27     Jan 2, 2007
  8. on a side note, did you guys catch that keith oberman....he really went on for like 5 minutes with a pre-written speech just lambasting bush`s decision to send more troops--basically calling him immorral----not exactly objective journalistic principles, are we at a sea change with regard to criticizing the president.

I agree we probably should get out of iraq fast, for the soildiers sake, but that seemed very strong for a private journalist to say on air that fervantly. could be some trouble ahead if pres has that little foreign policy clout right now within his own country, dems could be brewing for a fight without any quiet grace period, maybe even protests to bring the troops home.

#28     Jan 2, 2007
  9. To (re)establish public confidence in the securities markets.

I'm not one to stick my head in the sand and claim that the markets are clean of manipulation, but you answered your own dilemna in your post.

#29     Jan 2, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums

one man's odd behavior is another man's norm.

anything and everything looks odd when you have not seen it before.

odd is something you have not anticipated.

odd is something beyond your understanding.

odd is the result that could not have been the product of your analysis.

odd is out of the box thinking.

odd is the world not visible from the well you are sitting in.

odd is Gallileo.

#30     Jan 2, 2007