somebody/sec should investigate this futures crap!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 2, 2007.

1. like i said, im long one YM as a position trade from august bluestreek, so

hahahahahahaha!

and for the 100th time, this is the ULTIMATE loser mentality - "manipulation"

what a joke you are

i trade these puppies for a living

one thing and one thing only makes them move - ORDERs

it's not manipulation (lol) when people BUY futures contracts overnight. that makes them ramp up

it's not "manipulation" when people sell them

that makes them go down

frankly, it's not UNsurprising. it was a long 4 day weekend and nothing bad happened - saddam's hanging did NOT result in massive unrest, there were no bombings in UK (as intel had said there might be) etc.

stop thinking you are SMARTER than the market, and you KNOW what it is going to do

NOBODY does. and I say that as somebody who makes a living by TRADING (taking positions long or short ON the market)

buy support, sell resistance, and look at what the market is telling you.

stop thinking it's "manipulation"

that's a loser meme

#11     Jan 2, 2007
  2. oh, btw. the SEC CAN'T investigate "this futures crap" because the SEC doesn't have jurisdiction

it's the CFTC

for pete's sake

#12     Jan 2, 2007
  3. What's the problem? The futures markets anticipate. That's what they do. All the markets are up around the world.

#13     Jan 2, 2007
  4. oh, and futures are DESIGNED for a # of purposes.

maybe you should understand that BEFORE you trade them

the initial reason they were invented (or first popularized in the US) was for producers and consumers to hedge prodcucts. speculators were allowed to participate as well. this was in chicago iirc and in the meats, etc.

futures on indexes (YM/ES) allow for efficient distribution of capital, hedging, speculating, etc.

cash position can be offset, for example, and hedged. markets can be spread traded (i frequently spread trade futures) etc.

there is no "crime" in buying or selling futures in any amount. it's not "manipulation".

buying in large quantities carries its own risks, and speculators TAKE that risk

furthermore, the CFTC does place limits on the # of positions that can be held by individuals, etc. but it is pretty astronomical, before they have to be reported

CBOT releases ALL institutional capping, open interest, and positions by different investor classes . look into it

and stop yer frigging whining

the advice about NOT holding overnight is stupid. i hold overnight all the time. heck, i've held certain assets for over 10 years

but do that with an understanding of the risks involved, and allocate your assets, position sizing, etc. intelligently

... and as we SPEAK , hong kong futures just moved 120 points in 10 minutes!!!

it's MANIPULATION@!!!!! :)

the futures contracts are a proxy for supply/demand. they are also a benchmark. there is an immense amount of basket trading, institutional trading, program trading etc. going on

if you can't handle get the hell out and stop whining!!!

#14     Jan 2, 2007
  5. I don`t have to be in a trade to recognize a manipulated market, in fact, it is a valuable skill for any market participant to have in their tool kit.

I am sure I am not the only one, after all, it is our job to study markets, tape read, obseve market dynamics, of all markets b/c in some way the are all inextricably linked, that noticed very odd behavior in these futures the past 6 months. And especially odd movement on 2500 contracts of the past 24 hours in the YM.

I am just pointing out as an observer, that this is awfully strange behavior for so-called first world, regulated markets.

#15     Jan 2, 2007
  6. this is CAPITALISM

you want "regulation" because you don't like what the markets are doing. TOUGH

the govt. can;'t tell the markets what to do. it's the MARKETS, the aggregate sum of all the hope, fear, buying, selling, panic, euphoria, etc. resulting in what you see on your screen.

there are millions of trades being made for millions of reasons.

DEAL WITH IT

i don't believe for a second, you are just commenting for the sidelines. you've been making these ridiculous top-post calls forEVER and you are simply looking like more of a fool everytime the market ignores your grand predictions

if you continue to trade your ego, you will continue to lose money

flow, grasshopper. flow

and when you can cross the rice paper without making a single tear, then you will be a trader my son

#16     Jan 2, 2007
  7. whitster,do you really believe that an entity or syndicate could`nt push thinly traded markets to extremes?

people used to laugh when the PPT was widely discussed in the late `90`s as if it were impossible for a gov`t entity to do such things through a syndicate.....................now it`s fact.

#17     Jan 2, 2007
  8. who cares if they can push it to extremes?

that is part of capitalism

they are taking on a risk by speculating with a hyooge long position and buying up shares. the futures are designed to let ANYONE do that.

also, btw. the index futures are an international market. there is a fair amount of buying and selling by asian and european specs and investors in the overnight session

one of the big reasons the nasdaq crashed so hard when the dow didn't in the last bull market end was because of the large position in the dow of asian investors, which has been commented on extensively, who did not pull their positions in these stocks and in fact soaked up some of the selling

regardless, if you can't take the swings, STAY THE HECK OUT

it is not "manipulation"

it's what the markets are SUPPOSED TO DO

the smart person is calculating whether or not to fade the rally, vs. whining about it being "manipulated" movement

at least 1/2 the money i make trading index futures is dealing with overnight gap plays. maybe bluestreek should stop whining and start studying

it is nothing but a loser trader mentality to whinge about manipulation

#18     Jan 2, 2007
  9. I have a thought: if the cash markets are closed, then close the damn futures markets!

We are not talking about normal hedging/trading are we WHISTLE BOY, we are talking about a 73 point bump up on 2500 contracts, when the cash markets are closed---which is pure manipulation--don`t tell me WHISTLE BOY that you think that is for hedging purposes!

You are dumber than a doorknob WHISTLE BOY if you believe that is normal trading behavior for futures.

Moreover, to illustrate it was total manipulation, I bet they trade all the way back to at least only 30 above fair value by the cash open!

In other words, they can do this ONLY b/c the cash markets are closed, and there is almost NO LIQUIDITY in the futures system!

Bottom Line, There is no legitimate reason they should have been open til tonight at their regular opening time for previewing regular cash market activity the following day!

Otherwise, WHISTLE BOY, they would be open on Saturdays, and other SPECIAL HOLIDAYS.

They are closed for a reason MORON!

#19     Jan 2, 2007
  10. lol

the true refuge of a loser who has blown out his account is all your silly name calling

the futures market is designed for hedging, speculating, offsetting, arb'ing, etc.

it's all good

apparently, you don't want free capital markets. you don't like supply and demand. you want the GOVERNMENT to tell the markets they can't stay open at night because then people can buy futures.

you will continue to be a losing trader.

the losers whine about their best

the winners go ahead and fuck the prom queen

keep whining

#20     Jan 2, 2007