Somebody is going to jail.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Jun 7, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Mr. Obama has a problem.

Subpoenas are going to be served this week in the investigation into why the United States was shipping thousands of guns to Mexico.

Its looking like the ATF was ordered to supply mexican drug cartels with guns simply in order to make a phony case for banning gun sales in border states. The investigation is looking into who ordered the ATF to supply the guns. Some are saying that it was an executive order. Apparently this was done with no regard for the current drugwar in that country nor the plight of the hundreds of people murdered by those US supplied weapons.

*IF* that is true the justice department will be obligated to appoint an Independent Counsel to investigate. Remember Ken Starr? Yeah, one of those guys. If the justice department does not seek independent counsel they face lawsuits in federal court from 2cnd amendment groups and others for violating the constitution. A grand jury could issue criminal indictments.

I've heard they don't really let you play tennis at Club Fed. :D

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this. Figures, with the media so fucked up as it is.

You're right, someone will roast. The problem is it'll just be a scapegoat.

4. Larson

Larson Guest

I am not holding my breath. US has lost it's moral compass and is becoming a corrupt worthless banana republic led by an ever increasing contingent of criminals.

5. Wow. Just wow!

6. Cotton

Cotton

You know, this was actually started under another administration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gunrunner

I don't know why they are reluctant to testify when they could easily pin another problem on Bush & Co. I can see the soundbites now: "We inherited this illegal gun problem from the previous administration!" "It's Bushes fault!"

I'm just saying.

7. It doesn't matter which admin it was started under.

8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Bush started a program to investigate guns moving south.

Obama ordered the ATF to supply those weapons in large numbers directly to mexican drug cartels.

Bit of a distinction there don'tcha think?

9. Crispy

Crispy

I dont buy it.

They sold expensive semi-auto weapons to people that could buy inexpensive full auto weapon on the black market?

You can buy a black mkt fully auto AK or M4 platform in latin america CHEAP, real cheap. WTF would the criminal element buy a rifle for $800++ that is semi all the while putting themselves under the scrutiny of our federal authorities.

Oh and if your talking class 3 weapons your looking at $10k++++++. And there simply arent that many of them to "export". Plus the hassle of getting the approval, background checks...etc

BS...

10. achilles28

achilles28

This is how the US Government operates - problem > reaction > solution.

Hype, foment and create panic to usher in the desired solution.

It's totally Machiavellian.

#10     Jun 10, 2011