Some stuff in the news......hot off the press

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Must have been those damn jet ski's they were using then.

#11     Jul 20, 2012
  2. I'm sorry, I was wrong. Seas were only about 75 ft higher and the temps were about 7 degrees F higher. But the rate of CO2 increase back then was only about 5% of what it is now because it was merely out-gassing from a warming planet due to orbital changes.

That's the thing. The difference is that the apes didn't have all that gas, coal and oil to burn. Plus they had no matches to light it or engines to burn it in even if they did. You do understand that right? The current CO2 rise is mostly from us burning coal gas and oil.

You see, it was all an insider plot by the dinosaurs to have the last laugh.

#12     Jul 20, 2012
  3. For ag stuff you'd be way better off asking RCG since he sees it firsthand. I'm just doing logical stuff off the data I see.
    But off the top of my head, just to maybe get a discussion on this started, I figure most of the news is already in corn, but probably hasn't really made its way into beef and pork yet. There's only a few places that grow corn capable of giving you grade A beef, after all, and those places are the places that are getting hit hard by this.

#13     Jul 20, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

That's cool how you can take your assumptions and elevate them to fact like that... no really...

you see, there is data, that which is measured and observed, and there is information, the interpretation of data by someone else.. knowing the difference is very, very important because bad people will lie to you and try to get you to be stupid and do things for them.

#14     Jul 20, 2012
  5. Mostly they don't have a fuckin clue what the weather will be like next week. Let alone in 5000 weeks. They really don't know. But whatever makes you shit yer pants!

#15     Jul 20, 2012
  6. No really, it's from the burning of fossil fuels. It's pretty simple math. We know how much stuff we're burning. And then there is isotope analysis and stuff that also confirms it, but I don't want to confuse you.

Oh but you think all these scientists are working for Al Gore.

Again, I ask, is eight your IQ? You're a righty aren't you?

#16     Jul 20, 2012

7. My guess is that CORN is going to blast past last year's high. I bought a small amount today.

Good idea about the beef.

#17     Jul 21, 2012

8. Without looking any charts, we began to see trouble right after planting. Early May. I would think the price of corn directly has been baked into the contract. Better would be to look at all the things that corn does, and find if that has been baked in or not.

Edit: No April showers, but maybe May. Then no May flowers.

Most of those cute saying are actually agricultural timing mechanisms.

Back in the day there was a saying, knee high by the fourth of july. With modern tech that is now chest/neck high. Corn did not make that here. Now everyone knows we are in deep trouble.

#18     Jul 21, 2012
  9. A scientist with a balanced perspective.

The godfather of global warming lowers the boom on climate change hysteria

Lovelock still believes anthropogenic global warming is occurring and that mankind must lower its greenhouse gas emissions, but says it’s now clear the doomsday predictions, including his own (and Al Gore’s) were incorrect.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/22/green-drivel

#19     Jul 21, 2012
  10. Lovelock is anything but balanced and he's not a climatologist and he's only one guy, one flaky very old dude.

He has been quoted in The Guardian that 80% of humans will perish by 2100 AD from global warming.

#20     Jul 21, 2012