Some stocks which should be rising quick soon

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by WmWaster, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you sound like a pumper - im sorry, but you do.

ATI has run up, same sector as TIE, has a better multiple and is showing signs of breaking down.

your thoughts?

#11     Apr 12, 2006
  2. He does not really know what he is doing. Or a pumper.

TIE is at more than fair value, IMO and I have been following the stock for over 2 years. It's a cyclical company, and the cycle looks like it's near the top. Take a look 10 years back and see what happens when the cycle turns. When TIE goes down, it drops like a rock that just blasts through stops. The risk/reward just isnt worth it anymore.
    Closest competitor is RTI, although TIE has their very special titanium sponge. Demand is driven by Japan but that demand is a couple years old. It could go higher but it is far from undervalued and it's quite known on the Street already. But hey who knows, if you're into buying 52 week highs, looks great.

Much better plays out there.

#12     Apr 12, 2006
  3. I won't guess the top or bottom of a stock. Who knows it's really near the top?

I also don't care if it is undervalued/overvalued. I'm a technie which just believes what the chart says.

Only one thing is important in my mind: the movement of the stock. If it's still moving up, fine (no matter how unreasonable the price is, I don't care). If it's weakening and starts to fall, I would run like a thief (no matter how reasonable/undervlaued the stock is, I don't care).

There're only rising/falling stocks in the market. And what we need to buy is just rising stocks. That's it! :D

#13     Apr 13, 2006
  4. Guess you discovered the secret behind making a fortune in the stock market. I can't believe it's that easy.

Congrats

#14     Apr 13, 2006
  5. Yes, sort of. :p

These secrets are readily available in the libraries, bookshops and so on.

You don't need discover "so-called" secrets before you can win in the stock market.

#15     Apr 14, 2006
  6. Titanium plays

TIE, ATI, RTI, USAP, CRS and HON (HON has a titanium sponge division)

You may be a little late to the party, but Boeing and Airbus did have a record year for plane orders that will keep them busy for many more years to come....And when the economy starts to falter when oil hits 100 we can always count on our Gov't to pressure the Arab nations to buy planes to prop up GDP or start another WAR and increase the need for more military jets.....They are good at both of these at least.....

Make the 3 year chart full size for it to look right!!!!!

$COSTAverageMAN

#16     Apr 14, 2006
  7. nitro

nitro

IBM

nitro

Disclaimer, I am long IBM.

#17     Apr 14, 2006
  8. mraln

mraln

I think AMTD is going to breakout this week. There has been heavy institutional purchasing, and none of the institutions have recently sold their shares. With earnings coming out the 24th with record expecations, I'm thinking that AMTD will go up in anticipation of earnings.

#18     Apr 14, 2006
  9. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Do yourself a favor and dont bet the farm cause you will end up broke.

#19     Apr 14, 2006
  10. OK! A trial.

Buy
    - TIE: $53.50 Stop $50.00
    - RMBS:$42.50 Stop $39.00

Happy Easter. :D

#20     Apr 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.