Some sale items republicans might be interested in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Romney Merchandise Priced to Sell

[​IMG]

What's a retailer to do with merchandise branded to support a failed presidential candidate? Put it on clearance.

ABC News' Jake Tapper snapped this photo of Romney gifts next to the Christmas decorations at Reagan National Airport Monday.

On the Internet, business owners are dropping prices to unload the Romney items as well.

The "America!" store, which has a location in Union Station and Reagan National Airport among others, had a clearance section of its online shopping full of Romney/Ryan memorabilia Monday morning. All of it was 75 percent off, putting Romney magnets and buttons below a dollar and a "Repeal & Replace" t-shirt, referencing the Republican plan to oust President Obama's health care law, for less than five bucks.

Wal-Mart's website offered a 35 percent discount on both Romney's books.

Artist-designed garment website CafePress makes merchandise on an as-ordered basis, so they don't have to worry about dumping an overload of Romney/Ryan products.

That's lucky for them, because sales for Romney products began declining in late October and had not caught up with Obama sales since. Throughout the election Obama and Romney were neck-and-neck on CafePress, but for most of November, Romney merchandise made up only between 10 and 30 percent of candidate-focused spending on the site.

2. Flamer Personality Disorder: The Psychology of Internet Trolls

Internet trolls have been described as "sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful”.

http://prince.org/msg/100/340248

[​IMG]

3. Ahh, so that is Luke and PT are....flamers!

Learn something new every day.:)

4. If you think pointing out collectable republican presidential memorabilia on sale during the holiday shopping season is trolling then you are the troll

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The people gloating aren't interested in just having their candidate win, they need to make their perceived enemies feel bad. It isn't so much about wining politically as it is about rubbing peoples nose in it.

I'm surprised at who I see engaged in gloating here. Some guys you expect to do it but others I expected to be a bit more magnanimous.

I often defended you AK when people were complaining about your posts and would say "he is just supporting his candidate" because you seemed to be interested in the politics and not the flame wars back and forth. I'm surprised you started this thread and didn't expect some of the posts you've made this week as you've stayed high above this sort of thing for a long time. Maybe I've overestimated you. (shrug) It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong about someone.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

More trolling, from a non trader on a trading website.

7. I'm respectful to people who are respectful to me 377,you know that.Why shouldn't I gloat when certain posters were calling me IQ 47 and saying what an idiot I was for picking Obama and I was going to kill myself if Obama didn't win etc.These people called me all kinds of names because I told them the skewed poll conspiracy was nonsense and told me I was stupid to believe in Intrade ,silver and biased polls etc.These are the people who I am gloating toward.Look at all the gloating from your side when they thought Romney was going to win,thread after thread of Dick morris,rasmueesen , unskewed polls etc telling Obama voters he was going to lose in a landslide.

Even though Jem was my biggest nemesis he kept it respectful towards me and I did the same.After 8 months of going back and forth with Jem this was my response to him when Obama won and he conceded his position was wrong ...

You made some anti Obama posts and some posts saying you thought Romney might turn it around and I have never once quoted those posts and attempted to rub it in your face 377

8. I got you figured out AK. You really don't give a shit about Obama.

You are celebrating the fact "we" lost.....:cool:

:D

We could have lost to a one armed albino lesbian octopus, you'd be here gloating.

That's okay.....

9. To a certain few,not all of you

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The fact that Obama won doesn't change that you're an idiot who picked him. As for you killing yourself, sadly that won't happen now. But maybe we might get lucky and an errant bus will hit you.

#10     Nov 27, 2012