some quotes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, May 15, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

“See, the question is not whether things will get better -- they always do… The question is whether together, we can muster the will -- in our own lives, in our common institutions, in our politics -- to bring about the changes we need.”

-- President Obama talking about the economy in a commencement address at Barnard College, a women-only college of New York’s Columbia University.

“I’ll ask Michelle when I get home.”

-- President Obama in an interview with the hosts of “The View,” a women-only chat show on ABC, answering comedienne Joy Behar’s question about “the controversial sex book that’s on millions of women’s bedside tables.”

“Well look, first of all, JP Morgan is one of the best managed banks there is. Jamie Dimon the head of it is one of the smartest bankers we got and they still lost $2 billion dollars and counting precisely because they were making bets in these derivative markets.”

-- President Obama in an interview with the hosts of “The View,” a women-only chat show on ABC, praising mega-bank JP Morgan Chase and its CEO but calling for additional financial sector regulations. The firm lost $2 billion of its own money on risky investments.

“67 Percent”

-- Portion of voters in the latest CBS News/New York Times who thought President Obama’s partial reversion to support for gay marriage last week was “mostly for political reasons.” Twenty-four percent said it was “mostly because he thinks it is right.”

"However, I depart from the president on the state-by-state approach. If you consider this to be a civil right, and I do, I don't think civil rights ought to be left up to a state-by-state approach.”

-- Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., on MSNBC discussing the president’s partial reversion on gay marriage.

“Especially when I come to New York, sometimes people go around and say, ‘I don't know anybody who is not supporting you, Barack.’ I say, ‘You live in Manhattan, man.’”

-- President Obama at a fundraiser hosted by former pop singer Ricky Martin and the Democratic Party’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Leadership Council.

“And we’ve done some extremely good things, especially as it relates to the ‘Dreamers,’ to make sure that they’re not taken away in the middle of the night. There’s a lot more that can be done. There’s more the president is going to do administratively. And that should happen fairly quickly.”

-- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in an interview with Spanish-language cable network Univision discussing President Obama’s efforts to implement the failed DREAM Act, a limited amnesty program for certain illegal immigrants, by executive action.

“‘Self-deport?’ What the heck does that mean? I have no doubt Hispanics have been alienated during this campaign. But now there’s an opportunity for Gov. Romney to have a sincere conversation about what we can do and why.”

-- Gov. Susana Martinez, R-N.M., quoted by Newsweek magazine about presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s plan to increase restrictions on illegal immigrants in hopes that they will leave the country voluntarily.

“He promised us the same things he’s promising the United States. And he’ll give you the same thing he gave us. Nothing. He’ll take it all.”

-- Former union steelworker Pat Wells, whose former employer, GST Steel in Kansas City, went bankrupt after a failed turnaround attempt by Romney’s former firm, Bain Capital, in a new television ad from the pro-Obama political action committee, Priorities USA.

“If that’s not the American Dream, I don’t know what is.”

-- A steelworker at Steel Dynamics, a non-union operation in Ft. Wayne, Ind. that Mitt Romney’s former firm, Bain Capital, helped launch and now employs 6,000 workers, appearing in a campaign video for Romney.

“Absurd.”

-- A former aide to Hillary Clinton in her presidential campaign talking to Buzzfeed about President Obama’s policy at high-dollar fundraisers that guests must surrender their cell phones.

And Now, A Word From Charles

“We're deeply opposed to the militarization of civil society. We have all kinds of aversion to it. This is importing it because it's cheap, easy, silent. [The use of remote-controlled aircraft for domestic surveillance is] something that you can easily deploy. It will be I think the bane of our existence. Stop it here. Stop it now. Strong letter to follow.”

-- Charles Krauthammer on “Special Report with Bret Baier.”

2. pspr

pspr

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."

-Unknown (Falsely attributed to Winston Churchill)

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

One of my favorites.

Apparently I never had heart. :p

4. I wasn't a liberal @ 25, I was conservative, now that I'm older I am more liberal but on the flip side, I avoid liberals and everything liberal.

5. For example: Mentally ill and homeless, "live and let" I say. it's there sidewalk too. There are other sidewalks I can walk on.

mentally ill, ? Hey....:D

"Normal" is a setting on my dryer.