Some questions about sterling pro

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trend2009, May 15, 2023.

1. I am thinking about trading via sterling trader pro API. Since I have no experience on this platform, I have some questions which will determine if I should spend more time on it. So far I am playing with demo account emailed to me by sterling company.

1) At what time Sterling server will restart every day? Is there anyway to make sterling platform restart and connect itself, such as using another application to monitor and reconnect sterling?
    2) I am now playing with sterling demo example under visual studio c# 2010 which comes with .NET 4. The position demo application works to retrieve my intraday filled positions, but not retrieve overnight positions. All other demo application like quote or send order, does not work at all, return -1 or 0. Is that because my demo account has not API enabled yet? Even if I re-target to framework 3.5 or 2, same problem.

3) does the sterling trader pro API work under NET framework 4?
    4) do you think sterling trader is stable enough to use during the whole day from 4am-8pm?

Thank you for your inputs.

2. Craig66

Craig66

Surly these are questions for Sterling?

3. yes. Are you using sterling? Could you say a few words on the questions I have?

4. maxinger

maxinger

Capitalization Rules in English | Quick Guide & Examples
    Published on April 19, 2019 by Amy Luo. Revised on December 7, 2022.

In English, a capital letter is used for the first word of a sentence and for all proper nouns (words that name a specific person, place, organization, or thing).

In some cases, capitalization is also required for the first word in a quotation and the first word after a colon.

sterling pro
    -->
    Sterling Pro

5. Come on, just casual writing

6. If you are looking to write to an API for low latency trading, my solutions at Lime could be a great solution for you. We are low latency, offer many connectivity choices, we are an agency broker with memberships to all the equity exchanges and we have been doing this for over 20 years.

7. What extended trading hour does Lime offer?

8. It depends on our customers level of sophistication. Systems are open for trading from 4am-6pm, but most of our customers are live 7am-5pm.