Some questions about Mirus Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by amitman, Jul 3, 2008.

1. milnarf

milnarf

Is this a mirus problem or globex issue? Globex control center says they have no issues today.

#41     Jul 8, 2008
  2. In my discussions with Mirus about this problem, here is what they explained to me:

"Normally the Globex B channel sends identical data as the A channel and can be used during high volume periods to make sure all ticks are captured. Monday, Globex's B channel sent huge microbursts of data that were inconsistent with the A channel data. The continued data bursts caused delayed or denied responses for orders and modifications. Once the issue was discovered, the B channel was deactivated restoring normal trading conditions. The B channel will remain inactive until some hardware and network modifications are made that will prevent exchange data issues from impeding order flow. How is this being resolved to prevent it from happening again? When this first occurred last week, Zen-Fire engineers were the ones to notify the exchange about it. They (Zen-Fire) put in place hardware and network modifications to anticipate these types of issues. Yesterday, Zen-Fire engineers caught this even faster due to the new modifications, but it wasn’t until yesterday afternoon that the exchange made changes on their end to prevent it from happening in the future."

Channel B is supposed to handle higher volume periods faster, without data filtering required.

The problem happened again today at about 11:00 EDT (this time it just caused my entry order to hang there, without being filled). Mirus has assured me that problems won't reoccur. ZF is on Channel A data until Globex can guarantee that Channel B won't have any further problems.

#42     Jul 8, 2008
  3. don't have the nt/zf demo installed but
    does it help if the 'Trade Performance' utility were left open on the Executions ? or is it
    Trades ? page, where open trades would be seen, presuming the page would in fact
    update trades in realtime, isn't that where one obtains confirmation of trades ?

and
    what do 'you' do if Globex goes down for any length of time and you are in the market
    particularly if the market moves against your trade ?

#43     Jul 8, 2008
  4. As a follow-up to my last post, I'm pleased with how Mirus handled the situation.

They followed through on their word to call me back to let me know that everything was running smoothly on their end, and I traded well without incident the rest of the day.

In the past 3 years of trading in futures, I've worked with 4 different brokers, and there have been technical issues at one time or another with all of them. Unlike others, Mirus was quickly accessible and quickly followed through on resolving the issues. I'm still a happy client.

Wallace, to answer one of your questions, if there's a system-wide problem on Globex, there's not much you can do. The good news is that the market's gonna stall if Globex goes down (meaning not much of any movement either direction). If there's a specific problem at your broker (or between your broker and the CME), then it's advisable to have another account with another broker (which I do) where you could enter a hedging position to counterbalance your stuck order at your primary broker.

#44     Jul 8, 2008
  5. thank for your answer sandygray66

#45     Jul 9, 2008
  6. genejef

genejef

MIRUS is not answering to emails proving their people in charge of doing this job are unprofessional, unpolite, careless.
    Will you trust such people? If they are not answering to emails, what support can you expect from them?

The bottom line - beware where your trading account is - probably the best is a Futures Commission Merchant (using TT) instead of a midle man (Introductory Broker) of questionable quality - at least proved to me - like MIRUS.
    No midle man equal less expenses for a trader and probably fractions of second faster execution - from FCM the order go strait to Globex.

Good trading everyone.

#46     Jul 10, 2008
  7. This is not true. IB's are business partners with the FCM's, not middle men. You can sometimes get a better rate through a IB than a FCM. And there is no difference in the execution speed because they are using the FCM lines/platform.

#47     Jul 10, 2008
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

How company is answering email is way less important than how they answer the phone. When the shit hits the fan, you are not going to email them, but you will be hitting speed dial button. As far as phone suppport goes, they answer very quickly and do resolve the issues.

If your criteria of a good broker is how they answer the email, then you might get what you ask for.

#48     Jul 10, 2008
  9. nevadan

nevadan

ditto that. My experience over the last 2 years is exactly the same as well.

#49     Jul 10, 2008
  10. Xuanxue

Xuanxue

Brava. If anything I'd rest easy knowing my broker isn't quick to answer emails. It means he's on the phone either placing open out-cry orders for old dogs well-beyond the inclination to learn new tricks or resolving issues.

I'm a client of Mirus in partnership with The Rosenthal Collins Group, a 80 year FCM powerhouse in the industry. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Infinity in Chi through RCG also does upright business.

#50     Jul 10, 2008