Some questions about Mirus Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by amitman, Jul 3, 2008.

1. amitman

amitman

As far as I know zen-fire is not a stand-alone datafeed and you must use certain brokers in order to use it,

#21     Jul 5, 2008
  2. Vienna

Vienna

Thanks! Do you know if I can use IB?

#22     Jul 5, 2008
  3. amitman

amitman

#23     Jul 5, 2008
  4. please name a few of those other brokers who supply Zen
    thanks

#24     Jul 5, 2008
  5. Anyone have any knowledgeable comments with respect to order (typically market buys and sells only) execution for AMP + ZF/NT vs Mirus + ZF/NT?
    TIA

lj

#25     Jul 5, 2008
  6. #26     Jul 6, 2008
  7. #27     Jul 6, 2008
  8. #28     Jul 6, 2008
  9. The other brokers are just IB to Dorman or RCG and you end dealing with Pat eventually so why add a middle man and anothers hand into the commish unless they can add value in programming for some 3rd party marketing to your fund or program.

Pat and his staff are top notch and I have been with him for over 18 months and gave up an IB business because they are better and offer the best support in business.

If you do not need to be with one of the top 5 FCM becasue of their balance sheets than this group will cover your needs and not drop the ball.

#29     Jul 6, 2008
  10. learner2

learner2

I've been with Mirus Futures for 6 months. One reason I chose Mirus because they assured me that they supported NinjaTrader so I would not have to try to deal with NT support.

I was satisfied with Mirus until about a month ago when they mandated an updated version of Ninja Trader and I began having problems when managing trades.

A much-needed fix for those problems finally appeared in the form of another update, but the latest version of NT will not download to either my XP-Pro computer or my Vista laptop.

After trying and failing to deal with the error message I kept getting, Mirus tech support told me that Pat Shaughnessy who would be back in the office this morning would know what to do...

Mr. Shaughnessy's solution was to tell the tech support staff to stop helping me and refer me to Ninja Trader...I could hear an irate Mr. S in the background berating the staff for bothering him with the problem...I was dropped like a hot potato...

Since Mirus Tech Support had removed the earlier faulty-but- functional version of NT from my computer using remote access, I now have no trading platform at all...

The last time I had to contact NT support it took days to get a response....

So that's my experience with Mirus...I'm a beginner with a small account...those with larger accounts may have better luck...

#30     Jul 7, 2008